'01 RCSB 4x4 Project

maybe i missed it but what was your quickest 1/4mile in the green truck, i really thought that truck was cool years back

Fastest was a 13.12 at just under 101 with a 1.77 60'.

I know the thing had 12s in it, it was on an 87 octane street tune. If shit hadn't hit the fan I was planning to get a good dyno tune and get the rusty piece of shit into the 12s, but oh well.

Last edited:
Haha I get what you're saying. Just add it to things that people will do a double take over. You'll be getting a lot of "you ruined a 4wd truck" comments from people who just don't get it.

Do want to buy a 4wd rcsb to transfer my drop and make it a racetrok.

Looks good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Haha I get what you're saying. Just add it to things that people will do a double take over. You'll be getting a lot of "you ruined a 4wd truck" comments from people who just don't get it.

Haha I've been getting those comments for years!

Do want to buy a 4wd rcsb to transfer my drop and make it a racetrok.

Looks good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Do it, you won't.

Somebody's been busy.....

Nice job! Can't wait to ck. it out :thumbsup:

Thanks dude! It's not as clean as it looks in pictures, but it's a good 20 footer.

I'm gonna steal your hood while you're sleeping.

any progress on the 6.0?

I need to figure out if I'm doing heads or not, and what I want to do for a cam. Gotta buy a winter beater first and then build up the savings account a bit, the 6.0 will be a winter project.

how did the notch turn out?

I fucking suck at welding. But shit's strong so whatever.

IMG_6319_zpslcipvgsk.jpg

1_6348_zpstlevgb6v.jpg

1_6347_zpszf6dihtx.jpg

And some less ugly shit.

Slammed 2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

Last edited:
So... I got a winter beater. It's either going to be the best, or worst purchase of my life. Possibly both.

image1_zpsyymkocot.jpg

IMG_6581_zpsjna3fvyt.jpg

Been looking for a winter beater, and I found this '88 4Runner 5 speed on Craigslist a couple days ago. Looked at the thing, and was impressed with how solid the frame is (as well as the floors), and the interior is absolutely immaculate for a 28 year old SUV. 166k on it, with about 25k on an engine rebuild. So I bought it today.

Seems to have a slight miss at idle, but it's fine under load. I'll throw some plugs and wires at it and see if it improves, if not, fuck it, it was $1500, and it drives fine. All it needs is tires.

It's loud, ugly, rusty, makes weird noises, and smells bad. And I think that's exactly what an '88 4Runner should do.