00silvy's official 2000 Silverado Build thread

When I leveled my tows (2 different sets) I ended up putting only 2 washers instead of the recommended 3 (per cody's write-up) because they seemed to sag as well.

Yeah should look really clean once you demold, de-visor, and debadge. I still say debadge the vortecmax before you even put them on. :crazy:
At least remove the red if you're deadset on putting them on. I guess I shouldn't talk, I have some kinda dumb little gm performance division badges on my doors I almost forgot about, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah should look really clean once you demold, de-visor, and debadge. I still say debadge the vortecmax before you even put them on. :crazy:
At least remove the red if you're deadset on putting them on. I guess I shouldn't talk, I have some kinda dumb little gm performance division badges on my doors I almost forgot about, lol.

I bought black Vmax badges. And I went through all the work to swap in a 6L. I intend to advertise a little. And I really hope someone trys to tell me they never made a Vmax in my truck at a gas station or something.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

When I leveled my tows (2 different sets) I ended up putting only 2 washers instead of the recommended 3 (per cody's write-up) because they seemed to sag as well.

pfffft, I didn't use precise shims. I found two nylon washers from a set of handguards off my Dragon that fit, shoved them in there

You both can practice falling over. I will be there soon. :bird:

It has a 6L. LQ4 to LQ9, only way you can tell is by taking the motor apart :security:

Did NBS Vmax's have a 14 bolt?

Ha, was just effin' wit you.

But I'm gonna predict right now that you put on those Vmax badges, then get bagged on and beat by some d-cell guys, then you will feel bad because your shit is not boosted, then you will sell this for a duramax. Seems how it goes.

Ha, was just effin' wit you.

But I'm gonna predict right now that you put on those Vmax badges, then get bagged on and beat by some d-cell guys, then you will feel bad because your shit is not boosted, then you will sell this for a duramax. Seems how it goes.

I already beat two deezols. tuned & lifted 24 valve Cummins, and a stock ferd 6.blow lol.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Not a real vmax, no vmax badges imo. Not even an lq9 so hell no vmax badges.

Sent from Tapashit

Kyle did it, and I liked the look :eek:kay:

I already beat two deezols. tuned & lifted 24 valve Cummins, and a stock ferd 6.blow lol.

Maybe you should be putting little d-cell stack hash marks on your door for kill counts!

And was it from a dig? Definitely not from a higher roll. Either that or you have oddly slow diesels in your area. Not hard to admit that I often get left by them in my Sierra. On the expressway my shit downshifts hard and gets loud, but doesn't hardly move out of it's own way lol.

Yeah from a dig I can see you getting the jump on them. From a roll not so much, especially if they know how to launch it from a roll lol.

Yeah from a dig I can see you getting the jump on them. From a roll not so much, especially if they know how to launch it from a roll lol.

80 km/h - 200 both truck. Beat both by like a truck length. the ford was bone stock, original. The dodge was a 24V, had a tuner & 37" Mud grapps with stacks