Photography Thread

im loving the camera though. Just around the apartment taking pics i can tell its a HUGE upgrade over my old one. The quality so far just off the camera is better. I like it because its familiar but refreshed.

I know this is the photo thread and all but I was gonna ask what video cameras you guys would recommend. I know there is the gopro but I want a hand held one. Once my son gets older I wanna capture some videos of him and family gatherings. Or if the gopro knocks out most of the competitors in resolution, I'll go with that instead.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

just dicking around last minute today while i learn the camera a bit and mess with some settings.

20396667770_cd31bbf727_b.jpg

Pulled the trigger on a Canon 70d this afternoon with a 18-55mm IS STM lens and a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 lens. I don't know jack about taking pictures other than point and shoot. But I'm excited to get into the hobby!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That 28-75 2.8 is a great lens for the money. Myself and Geoff have/had it and we both like it.

Yup, Im in the HAD club with that lens now. Traded it for my 85mm and dont regret it one bit haha. I dont know if mine was a off copy or what but it had issues with focusing. It didnt preform as well at the 17-50 version I had for crop cameras. Its still nice, but i really like primes for my FF.

Purchased ( i know dont laugh ) a set of actions last night, from Greater Than Gatsby. They are pretty sweet cleanup and PP tools.

Interesting, will look into that. Never really thought about that before! What are they gonna help with?

Oh there is some basic workflow edits that it does, such as sharpening, level adjustments etc. They are more fine tuned and in depth then I prefer to know with PS and they are automatic. Theres a free set that i got from them a while back and they are awesome, the clean base layer edit is my favorite thing. It gets run everytime.
\

Did a quick birth announcement session for a co-worker today. Im really pleased with how they have turned out.

Edit:

here is also the reason you shoot in RAW and never delete anything. ( the dont use the screen on my 5D, its turned off for this reason alone )

Left was as shot, right is finished, after RAW adjustment.

Last edited:
Two more I found to edit in the same style from my trip to Boston 2 years ago:

Boston "Cinematic"
by Chris Farragher, on Flickr

Boston "Cinematic"

And finally got pics of the new addition:

2013 WRX

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Did a quick birth announcement session for a co-worker today. Im really pleased with how they have turned out.

Edit:

here is also the reason you shoot in RAW and never delete anything. ( the dont use the screen on my 5D, its turned off for this reason alone )

Left was as shot, right is finished, after RAW adjustment.

I hate the 5Dc screen. It is so misleading, either showing pictures as being too bright or too dark. I try and just get them "middle of the road" so to speak and fix it in Lightroom.

Nice save. Single layer edit?

I hate the 5Dc screen. It is so misleading, either showing pictures as being too bright or too dark. I try and just get them "middle of the road" so to speak and fix it in Lightroom.

Nice save. Single layer edit?

Yes, the 5D screen is its one BIG downfall. Its garbage. I would be PISSED knowing i spent 3300 bucks on that camera when it first came out and seeing those images on the screen!! Then I'd poop my pants when I got them loaded on the computer haha. Hence why I have it turned off, the meter doesnt lie ( too badly ) to me.

Thats not even an "edit". that was opening in camera raw, adjusting exposure, clairty and vibrance before the actual opening of the file. After it opened I did even more things too it and it turned out wonderful!! just going to show you, you can take a shit shot in RAW and save it. I have another one from today that will also be a good example when I get to it.

Yes, the 5D screen is its one BIG downfall. Its garbage. I would be PISSED knowing i spent 3300 bucks on that camera when it first came out and seeing those images on the screen!! Then I'd poop my pants when I got them loaded on the computer haha. Hence why I have it turned off, the meter doesnt lie ( too badly ) to me.

Thats not even an "edit". that was opening in camera raw, adjusting exposure, clairty and vibrance before the actual opening of the file. After it opened I did even more things too it and it turned out wonderful!! just going to show you, you can take a shit shot in RAW and save it. I have another one from today that will also be a good example when I get to it.

Yeah, I'm glad I bought mine as a 10 year old camera for under $600 :laugh: And nice, wasn't sure if that was the final product or just a quick save from the over exposure.

I see posts all the time on photo forums asking what is a better format to shoot in, JPEG or RAW. It isn't even a contest, RAW is always and will always be the best option. That before and after was a perfect example. Try doing that with a JPEG!

Really makes me want to visit Boston and New York. I've always thought it would be cool to go there and these kind pictures make me want to lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If you ever get the chance, take it. NYC is insane. You literally feel like a little ant walking around with everyone next to giant buildings. Boston is extremely cool and more laid back than NYC.