Photography Thread

My lazy ass just hasn't installed LR yet... :shrug: don't know why. I need to get back into photography if I can ever set some time aside lol. This is the problem with having a GF that I constantly want to spend time with lol.

Hey guys! The wife and I just had a baby girl, so I decided I needed to get a camera to take some pictures of her.....and the truck. But I'm trying to decide on what camera to get. From reading this thread looks like the Canon 7d is the way to go. What about the Canon 70D or the Nikon D7100? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Just don't want to go and spend a chunk of change on something without knowing what my best option is.

Hey guys! The wife and I just had a baby girl, so I decided I needed to get a camera to take some pictures of her.....and the truck. But I'm trying to decide on what camera to get. From reading this thread looks like the Canon 7d is the way to go. What about the Canon 70D or the Nikon D7100? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Just don't want to go and spend a chunk of change on something without knowing what my best option is.

Of those three cameras I've only used the 7D. It has excellent low light capabilities and incredible autofocus, both of those are necessary for shooting kids (even a room that seems bright doesn't have much light, and kids move FAST).

Hopefully someone else can chime in on the other two cameras.

Figured I'd drop a couple recent pictures of the truck, haven't picked up the camera more than a few times this year. Gotta get out more.

2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

Slammed 2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

eb2c724586da8821c53398c9fed54126.jpg

I had a D7000 briefly before switching to Canon exclusively. I liked the camera for what it was and the features it had.

Of those three cameras I've only used the 7D. It has excellent low light capabilities and incredible autofocus, both of those are necessary for shooting kids (even a room that seems bright doesn't have much light, and kids move FAST).

Hopefully someone else can chime in on the other two cameras.

Figured I'd drop a couple recent pictures of the truck, haven't picked up the camera more than a few times this year. Gotta get out more.

2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

That ruined 4x4..... :crazy:

:skeet:

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Tried my hand at giving an old picture of mine a "cinematic" look...

Jones Beach Cinematic
by Chris Farragher, on Flickr

Was disappointed when the wind picked up. All my pics are pretty blurry because the tripod was having trouble trying to stay on the ground. So ill go out tonight and get some pics.

Was disappointed when the wind picked up. All my pics are pretty blurry because the tripod was having trouble trying to stay on the ground. So ill go out tonight and get some pics.
Try tying a counterweight to the middle of the tripod and letting it hang... Should help a bit