Photography Thread

I have a Nikon D3100 and I love it. The only downside is that there is no auto focus motor in the camera, so all the lenses I buy have ton have the motors on them to use auto focus. I can go into more detail later when I'm back home.

Edit:

Alright. Next question will probably be "Nikon or Canon?" my experience is solely with Nikon. Either manufacturer will be a solid choice in my opinion. Just do a lot of comparing in your price range and go play with them at Best Buy or something like that.

And my question to you is price range? And what are your goals with the camera?

If I had asked around before buying mine, I would've saved for something full frame from the get go. Sure the learning curve is higher starting from scratch, but I feel like the investment would've been well worth it for me. Someone who just does casual photography and uses it only occasionally probably won't be able to justify the increased cost for full frame.

Last edited:
I remember your truck from gmfs. Always thought it was clean. You should post up some more info on it

That's a beautiful photo Geoff!

My photographer ex-girlfriend decided to take my kit lens and my 75-300 lens when we broke up. So, now I have my Rebel XS with no lens. I think I'm going to grab the 50mm f/1.8 Canon lens this weekend, great lens for relatively cheap. That lens always took amazing pictures on my Rebel.

Last edited:
Jordan that 50mm will be a nice lens for a lot of different types of shooting. If you go to any car shows, use that.

All three I posted from Boston are vertical pano's. Same concept obviously as a "standard" pano.

I just liked being able to get the buildings in and have a wider shot than just holding the camera in portrait mode.

Im a photog from ottawa/montreal region in canada eh. Heres an example of what i do best.

d1d1ccfd0b9054f8a8447ca64b4636cf_zps8e511109.jpg

9bd22bac88a359eca0e846c4f7d3cc06_zps6a478638.jpg

IMG_0025_zpsaad91be6.jpg

656022d3310abc8c83004850fcf79d49_zps0247917c.jpg

IMG_3479_zpse287a288.jpg

IMG_3526_zpscbe79ccf.jpg

Btw, if any of you guys live near me, hit me up lets do a shoot of your truck!