Jordan's NBS Build Thread

True, my dad doesn't really have the best bits or newest drills.

Find a friend with a drill press :crazy:

Nga, you still take the same shit apart to remove the spindles and shocks, only addition is cv's and swapping keys.

You guize, stahp fighting!

Back on the discussion. How have you all done your notch? Install the flip and jack the axle until it bottoms on the frame, then center the notch over that point?

Haven't looked at the directions yet :bishplz:

I just installed flip, put the opposite side notch up to the frame centered over the axle, mark notch, drill pilot holes in each top corner then use a sawzall to cut straight across and down the sides, clamp the correct notch in place and drill your holes, bolt in, sit back and admire your work with a cold beer in hand

These came in today:

IMG_20130329_192956_zpsf8ca0241.jpg

One step forward, two steps back... isn't that the saying :nono:

I was planning on finishing debadging this weekend and got all the molding off but the passenger side door. That one had different style tape on it that was a BITCH and it ended up pulling several spots of paint off. I think the passenger door has been painted before, no other explanation. Fuck my life. I was so close. Looks like the truck is going to be going into the body shop sooner than I thought. Either that, or I'm going to burn it to the ground.

It probably has been painted like you said. That sucks man. Before you bring it in or burn it, leave it alone for a bit. Figure out what you wanna do with it before throwing money at it and still being pissed at it lol

That's what I'm doing at the moment. I haven't driven it for a week or so, just too pissed to deal with it and all of the issues. It's going to sit until I figure out what I want to do. I could try putting the molding back on, but then in the back of my mind I'll know it's in bad shape underneath and that would bother me.

Well, I guess I'm going to continue on for now. I'm going to knock all the old glue off with a 3M eraser wheel and put the molding back on for now until I decide what to do. I wish I could just find a red passenger door dirt cheap. I think I'll get a paint gun for my compressor and try my hand at painting the handles, mirrors, etc. Wheels and tires will be purchased with my tax refund whenever that comes in.

Edit: :rofl: just found a victory red passenger door on Craigslist after writing this... e-mailed the guy.

Last edited:
:shrug: Tim asked if I wanted them so I said sure, why not. They're rear shocks for a 6" drop, I didn't realize that McG made drop shocks. Has anyone else seen/ran them? I'm interested to see how they'll ride. Not sure what to do for the front.