Dakota's build thread

Still think you need a lifted 2wd truck just to make people be like :fulloffuck:

Also thinking about it, isn't your truck technically 11.5 in the back since it had 2" blocks stock

Still think you need a lifted 2wd truck just to make people be like :fulloffuck:

Also thinking about it, isn't your truck technically 11.5 in the back since it had 2" blocks stock

Meh, stock blocks dont count. Measuring fender to hub using stock 2wd measurements of 19.5/21.5 mine measures 13/12, so 6.5/9.5 drop.

Ran outta time to get to it this morning, so I drove it to work. Gonna pull it in the hanger and swap them when the boss leaves lol

Having so much shit with this pos..ran into a problem with the fan clutch, wouldnt thread onto the water pump without trying to strip the threads.
Got another new one (thanks Ryan) got it on no problem but the truck was still getting hot at idle, bought some dex cool since it was a little low.
Filled it up and it stayed hot. So I let it cool for a few hours, let it idle with the cap off for 20 minutes to get the air out of the system and the temp continued to rise until it got to 240-250ish.
I shut it off and debated throwing a for sale sign on it :suicide:

Any ideas? Im thinking thermostat?

Having so much shit with this pos..ran into a problem with the fan clutch, wouldnt thread onto the water pump without trying to strip the threads.
Got another new one (thanks Ryan) got it on no problem but the truck was still getting hot at idle, bought some dex cool since it was a little low.
Filled it up and it stayed hot. So I let it cool for a few hours, let it idle with the cap off for 20 minutes to get the air out of the system and the temp continued to rise until it got to 240-250ish.
I shut it off and debated throwing a for sale sign on it :suicide:

Any ideas? Im thinking thermostat?

Possibly the thermostat take it off boil it in a pot of water to make sure it's working properly

Shit no..didnt even think about that :fp:

Ill just replace it tomorrow.

Lol don't feel bad. No matter how many times I go to do that, I always forget to turn the heat on to start with. Get aggravate with it for 15-20 min and then remember :hahano:

So ive replaced the fan clutch and it still got hot,bnow a new thermostat and it still gets hot at idle. Upper radiator hose is cool to the touch while the temp gauge reads 230*. Any ideas? Water pump?

Yeah that's the only thing left really. How many miles? Mine shit at 130k

Thats what im thinking too. Bout 130k or so on mine aswell.

There's no water in the oil or steam coming from the exhaust so that rules out head gasket, thank god