07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
So I've been a member of this site since it started, but never posted too much because I never ended up doing much to my truck. Old truck was an '07 Sierra SLT Classic ecsb that I ended up leveling with wheels and tires and that was about it. Anyways....

Last week I found an LB7 for what I thought was a decent price so I jumped on it. Truck is an '03 Ecsb LT with 135,xxx, one owner and stock as a rock. Originally wanted a crew cab but they go for a lot more around here vs. the ecsb. Overall I'm very happy with the truck so far! The amount of power combined with 19-21mpg is awesome ha.

Don't plan to do to much to it, though I'm excited because the paint and body on this truck is in good shape! My half ton was a shit box so I'm excited to make this one look nice. Would like to colormatch, level w/33's, straight 4" and possibly tune. Nothing to wild as I really need this to be reliable.
40874ea911c032fe995351213a0dd863.jpg
19401b4ad9b17058c97783b2af2b9dbf.jpg

And yes, it is getting de-badged/de-molded as soon as I get some decent weather.

Here's the old truck
446e270297937871555e7d3c1b7fca62.jpg
f6736dfdac85c329e712a16e662df168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
race truck !!!!

lol but seriously, if you get a 80hp eco tune from ppei you will be really happy.

see if you can find some one wit ha EFI V2 so you dont have to pay a shop and then just go to PPEI

the tune will cost $350 and the licence will cost around $100.

other plans sound good, kinda jelly....

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
race truck !!!!

lol but seriously, if you get a 80hp eco tune from ppei you will be really happy.

see if you can find some one wit ha EFI V2 so you dont have to pay a shop and then just go to PPEI

the tune will cost $350 and the licence will cost around $100.

other plans sound good, kinda jelly....

I have a friend I used to work with who has EFIlive so he's already offered to load up a tune! I just want something safe that isn't going to fry my trans. I am still learning about the whole diesel thing but I really want to focus on making the truck bulletproof/functional more than anything else. I go on a lot of long distance trips that take me on a lots of different terrain so it definitely has to work!

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
You're gonna love that LB7 when you get exhaust on it. I had an 03 ECSB as well and told myself I'd just do the bare necessities on it and keep it reliable...blah, blah, blah.... Within a couple years time it had 30% overs, EFI Live, an ATS tranny and twins on it :|

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
here,https://www.alligatorperformance.co...te-steering-solution-for-2001-2010-gm-duramax

and swap all fluids and filters.

efi live can get you much better fuel mileage as well.

also get a nicktane fuel filter adapter and a cat filter.

fass lift pump is also good for the CP3 and filters the fuel.

also run stanadyne fuel additive.

What issues does that steering kit fix? Glad you mentioned the cat filter and stanadyne, I've been interested in both.

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
You're gonna love that LB7 when you get exhaust on it. I had an 03 ECSB as well and told myself I'd just do the bare necessities on it and keep it reliable...blah, blah, blah.... Within a couple years time it had 30% overs, EFI Live, an ATS tranny and twins on it :|

I mean if I could afford it...

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
I highly highly recommend investing in a lift pump setup. Possibly also going with a CAT adapter under the hood. With the injector problems the LB7s have its a really smart idea to filter your fuel the best you can. I was running an Air Dog on mine with 2 micron filter plus water separator and a 2 micron CAT filter under the hood. Stock filters only filter at something like 6 or 8 microns. Good filtering will help extend your injector life.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Zach's 2003 LB7 "build"

If your getting a 80 hp tune you don't need a lift pump and it's not going to be 450 lol. I got 5 tunes for 300 off ppei. Maybe I got hooked up, I used my buddies v2.

5 speeds don't handle power that well.

Sent from your girls iPhone.

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
I highly highly recommend investing in a lift pump setup. Possibly also going with a CAT adapter under the hood. With the injector problems the LB7s have its a really smart idea to filter your fuel the best you can. I was running an Air Dog on mine with 2 micron filter plus water separator and a 2 micron CAT filter under the hood. Stock filters only filter at something like 6 or 8 microns. Good filtering will help extend your injector life.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The only thing I was ever worried about with the LB7 was the injector issues. Anything that helps with keep the kids of them failing is a plus

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
Zach's 2003 LB7 "build"

So hopefully this weekend will allow me to try and fix a few things on the truck. First thing I'd like to figure out is the howling noise coming from what sounds like the drivers front. 40-60 mph it sounds the worst, but doesn't seem to have an affect on driving but not a good sound lol. Would also like to get all my lights to match. I put LED bulbs in for my parking lights and rear brake lights and now my turn signals are blinking twice as fast as they used to.. Wrong bulbs maybe? Lol

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
hyper flash fix is mentioned in here:
http://customgm.com/exterior-how/3177-led-bulb-replacement-guide.html

howling noise could be wheel baring, worse case your front diff is outta fluid from leaking through the axle shafts

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

What issues does that steering kit fix? Glad you mentioned the cat filter and stanadyne, I've been interested in both.

that basically fixes everything you need steering wise.

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
hyper flash fix is mentioned in here:
http://customgm.com/exterior-how/3177-led-bulb-replacement-guide.html

howling noise could be wheel baring, worse case your front diff is outta fluid from leaking through the axle shafts

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

that basically fixes everything you need steering wise.

My initial thought is wheel bearing, just has no 12/6 slop at all and doesn't make any suspicious sounds when it's on the jack. Will check diff fluid and the passenger side when I get home

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
Went and burned some Christmas trees today, had to make sure that the 4 wheel drive worked
2ea40be9140aca1049856334e81fc0f3.jpg

Gave it a quick wash on the way down. So happy with how it cleans up! Want to take the moldings off but it's like 30* here. Cranked the bars for now.
f647259e295e592a4c54c39992a7d7be.jpg

Fuckin love this thing

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
Can't stand all the badges anymore, going to try and demould/debadge today and polish/wax. Really excited to see how it looks, most of the paint looks like it is in pretty good shape

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
Can't stand all the badges anymore, going to try and demould/debadge today and polish/wax. Really excited to see how it looks, most of the paint looks like it is in pretty good shape

I debadged my 2000 and it wasn't bad but changes the look of the truck slightly imo. Have demoulded yet

sent from my glade air freshner