Curtisdean22

Dec 13, 2014
I have a 04 chevy 4wheel drive, Z71. I decided to lower it. I got it custom painted. turning into an SS truck all I need now is rear tailgate cap, rear bumper cover, and the cladding. It has a volant air intake system with the scoop system running to the right front bumper hole. A polished throttle body spacer, and edelbrock polished throttle body.Built transmission, MSD sparkplug wires, NGK laser iridium plugs, 22 inch chrome SS replicas, diablo tuner, 3 inch lowering keys on the front, shackles and hangers on the rear, and a 125 wet shot on nitrous. high flo catalytic converters. And I was wondering what would be the best route to go for a dyno tune Ive heard blackbear, Nelson, and on the Mississippi coast called mod mafia performance. And I also need to know what you guys would think would look better. A flip kit or a static drop(and how much work is involved in the static drop) and what tune to go with, and anyone know where to get them parts I needed in the beginning of this

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
A static drop just means a non adjustable drop. Any drop components that aren't bags or hydraulics are considered static drop parts i.e. flip kit, spindles, shackles, hangers, torsion keys, coils, coilovers etc.

As far as the cladding, I'd check around on silveradoss.com. I see several sets for sale on there from time to time.

Welcome.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
First off, welcome.

Now. A flip kit is a static drop. That alone will net you 6" in the rear. If you do that, I'd suggest going back to stock shackles and hangers. Up front I would add lowering spindles and crank up an inch so you sit around 4" or so. Static drops aren't hard to do. You can knock out the front in a day and the rear in a day, so over the course of a weekend you can get it all done.

For a tuner, one of our forum sponsors is BlackBear and they have a great reputation. Look in to local tuners around you also and see what their rates are.

EBay, Craigslist, and forums are your best chance for finding those parts you need.

Curtisdean22

Dec 13, 2014
Now where can I find a 5/7 drop or so? And when I do the flip kit could I leave the drop hangers I just got through putting on?

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Welcome man! Get some pics of the beaut up. I, and most others here will suggest blackbear for tuning. I too see some random sets of cladding on sss.com here and there

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
If you leave the drop hanger on you'll be at 8" with a flip kit, 2" drop hangers and stock shackles. Plus running hangers without shackles usually gives you bad pinion angle.

Sent from Tapashit

04SSHD

Master Debater
Staff member
Mar 23, 2012
Henderson, NV
bigdaddyfatsac.com
Welcome! To post pictures you can attach them to your post in the advanced menu, or you can host them at photobucket or imgur and copy the photo url and insert url to photo[/img

just make sure to close the last bracket, and the photo will populate

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Here's a hold over for everyone else till you can get em up
9e32775ad43c101d9fb7c1a10a90e9b4.jpg

@bassmaster how do I post pictures from my phone on here?
Like so vv
Welcome! To post pictures you can attach them to your post in the advanced menu, or you can host them at photobucket or imgur and copy the photo url and insert url to photo[/img

just make sure to close the last bracket, and the photo will populate[/QUOTE]
Correct. Either 1) upload them to a photobucket account, copy and paste the IMG code here. Or 2) download the Tapatalk app and upload directly from your phones gallery

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Welcome man. Cladding can be had used online. Check Facebook group pages.

Search for coilovers on torsion bar suspension.

Curtisdean22

Dec 13, 2014
This is the truck guys. What size flip kit should I do? An 2 inch drop spindles or no? And blackbear for tuning? And is a cam worth the money to do it?