Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
much better than the terra grapplers IMO. Atleast the have some sort of sidewall character. Was my only complaint out of my G2's.

Yeah, I’ve never been a fan of the terras. I’ve run Trail Grapplers a few times and love them, but I run the highway too much now. I eventually want to grab a set of 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers, I like an aggressive sidewall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: DirtyBlackHoe

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
I’ve never understood the hate that BFG ATs get, I’ve run them in a few different sizes and yea they aren’t great in mud but they dominate in snow, have good road manners and look good

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I’ve never understood the hate that BFG ATs get, I’ve run them in a few different sizes and yea they aren’t great in mud but they dominate in snow, have good road manners and look good

That’s why they get hate around here. Any little bit of mud and they cake up and slick over. I’ve had to pull a few people out with BFGs before when I had my Trails. They’re definitely not my favorite, but I don’t hate em either. They do seem to do well on the road

Reactions: lildann

lildann

Jul 20, 2017
Yeah, I’ve never been a fan of the terras. I’ve run Trail Grapplers a few times and love them, but I run the highway too much now. I eventually want to grab a set of 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers, I like an aggressive sidewall

I just got the Ridge Grapplers. I’m pretty happy with them. I had Toyo Open Country ATs before that. They were fine for me too. I’m almost never off road but I tow often. Mostly a car on a car trailer. But also my bike on a 5x8 trailer. Before the Toyo’s I had Kumho MTs. I did have them off road a few times. They were great. But on the road they seemed squirrelly and soft. Plus they only lasted about 23k miles. The Ridge Grapplers are 12 ply so they are stiffer. I’m hoping to get much better life put of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharris223

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I just got the Ridge Grapplers. I’m pretty happy with them. I had Toyo Open Country ATs before that. They were fine for me too. I’m almost never off road but I tow often. Mostly a car on a car trailer. But also my bike on a 5x8 trailer. Before the Toyo’s I had Kumho MTs. I did have them off road a few times. They were great. But on the road they seemed squirrelly and soft. Plus they only lasted about 23k miles. The Ridge Grapplers are 12 ply so they are stiffer. I’m hoping to get much better life put of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I tow occasionally, usually not real heavy but a car or truck on a car trailer every once in a while. I used to go off-road a lot, now it’s just occasionally, we’ll go trail riding in the mountains. I’ve had Nitto Trails, Hankook Dynapro ATMs, Falken Wildpeak ATs, Maxxis ATs and now these BFGs. The Nittos and Falkens were my favorites

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
That’s good to hear! I just looked up the weight, it’s crazy that a 12ply weighs the same as my old 10ply trail grapplers. So they should ride pretty good too

Have drove/rode in his truck countless times and no complaints, quiet - i'd argue quieter than my AT3's. Ecoboost still scoots as well.

Reactions: Huck

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Put the 6.2 to work. 6hr trip with this, then 12hr trip back with a boat. Dope grampy tow mirrors for the trip lol
21486e5de3523013c55da3cb6934768f.jpg
e7e99bf913a418919c61ce0d8f61292f.jpg

Sent from S10 using Tapatalk

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Possibly, but first time towing with this truck, 20ft trailer now and about 23ft boat later. Only got them for this road trip. Around town I won't use them again

$50 worth being able to see a little better for almost 1k miles :shrug:

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Miraculously nothing bad happened this whole trip. 6.2 got 11mpg with 5.5k lb trailer, 8mpg with ~3.5k boat, and 16mpg alone
c48a42ad7fdb17e4da93428401b2dd99.jpg

Oh and returned those grampy mirrors after the trip lol

Last edited:
Reactions: sharris223 and Huck

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
NBS CCSB Z71 gang, aye?

So there’s a funny story here. The blue one is my buddy Cody’s, he’s had several of these too. The one in the middle is my buddy Corey’s. We’ve only known Corey for like 8 months. He and Cody are neighbors.

Corey was talking to Cody one day about an old truck of his. Said he bought it from a place called Canon Motors and he always thought it was cool cuz it had smooth black interior pieces in it. Then he said it had cab lights too and thought that was weird cuz it was a half ton. Then he said it was a red ECSB. Cody was like “dude I know that truck!” He bought my old red truck after I traded it in And now we have near identical crew cabs. Small world

1684db47e747504a9ffdf0a3dfae96e5.jpg