Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
View attachment 2089
Sold the AT wheels and bought these 330’s with brand new tires for cheap. Only down side is the tires are 265/35 fronts and 265/40 in the rear. So now I have to lower it lolol
Yussss
4fc58de5b8fed31979ca7fbdf4c09bb4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: dszx13

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
:fuckyeah:
What’s the best set up to go with on torsion bar trucks? And who’s c notch is the best?
Really depends on how low you want to go. A lot of guys will run control arms and keys but i hated that setup on my white truck. Bumpsteer was terrible. 2500 keys will give you 2-3" decranked (i got 3" but some people only claim 2" of drop). And belltech spindles.

As for notch. Belltech or mcg bolt in notches are both good. I would weld it if you go that route though. The mcg notch on my white truck cracked and eventually broke my frame after an accident. Underbed notch would be the preferred method imo.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
:fuckyeah:
What’s the best set up to go with on torsion bar trucks? And who’s c notch is the best?

Just to build on what Dakota said, I'm at 2/3 on my Yukon right now. Totally decranked stock keys (took the bolts out) up front and stock spindles. I can't imagine running drop keys, the ride would be miserable. I already bottom my control arms on small bumps as it is. Depending on budget and how low you wanna go, do spindles with stock keys decranked about 1" or do spindles/arms. I'm doing adding Belltech spindles this year and gonna leave my keys about 1" decranked and will add arms next year so I can go 4-5" in the front and maintain good geometry.

Not to mention, when you're totally decranked, the truck's ride is almost Cadillac mushy. I have Belltech sway bars front and rear that help but the front is wayyyy too soft. It'll be nice to get a little crank back in the bars once I do spindles. Also, make sure your bumpstops are in good shape or get new ones. I don't have any and in my research found out that they're actually part of the suspension, not just a bumpstop. They help control the upward movement, they're basically a progressive stop. I'm gonna do the Z71 stops and trim them because everyone says they're a better, more progressive stop over stock ones.

For the notch, we put a MCG bolt-in notch on Tony's (Boo5ted) CC 3-4 years ago so he could go 4/6. It has about 5,983 bolts so it's plenty strong but like Dakota said, I'd at least partially weld it in for strength if you can.

Oh and Belltech SP shocks.

Last edited:

Col 10

Custom GM
May 17, 2012
Texas
Really depends on how low you want to go. A lot of guys will run control arms and keys but i hated that setup on my white truck. Bumpsteer was terrible. 2500 keys will give you 2-3" decranked (i got 3" but some people only claim 2" of drop). And belltech spindles.

As for notch. Belltech or mcg bolt in notches are both good. I would weld it if you go that route though. The mcg notch on my white truck cracked and eventually broke my frame after an accident. Underbed notch would be the preferred method imo.

I have drop keys in it now but cranked it up bc it rode like crap and wouldn’t align. I’d want to go 3/6 most likely

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada

you know anyone that sells a bolt in notch for a 2500hd frame?