Your vehicles as they sit now!

IMG_2079.jpg

This is awesome

you have mad rear issues geoff

idk if that has a joke in there somewhere but seriously this would be the second time. first time was because of the transfer case issue where it shuddered the whole driveline and blew it out, but the only thing i can think of that does that with the vette servo it sometimes chirps the rear tires 1-2 shift or shifts really hard. think that could be the cause? think ive got a couple thousand miles on it since september.

idk if that has a joke in there somewhere but seriously this would be the second time. first time was because of the transfer case issue where it shuddered the whole driveline and blew it out, but the only thing i can think of that does that with the vette servo it sometimes chirps the rear tires 1-2 shift or shifts really hard. think that could be the cause? think ive got a couple thousand miles on it since september.

I would hope the rear end wouldn't be damaged from a hard shift from 1 to 2. I would think it would take its toll on the trans before the gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah if its not completely dry the 1-2 shift anything above 1/2 throttle will at least chirp if not break the whole rear loose. idk i really dont have the money to have someone take a look at it but dont wanna fuck up probably 1000 dollars of parts/labor done to it.

yeah if its not completely dry the 1-2 shift anything above 1/2 throttle will at least chirp if not break the whole rear loose. idk i really dont have the money to have someone take a look at it but dont wanna fuck up probably 1000 dollars of parts/labor done to it.

That sounds fun. My truck doesn't have a prayer breaking the tires loose after it's moving. 3.42s FTW

Really though, you hear gear noise? Who did the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a local guy but spark notes. ring hold bearing in transfer case broke, thought it was rear end, did gear/truetrac install, still had problem, went in between shop/dealer to get it fixed for about a month and about $3500 bucks, ended up needing a new transfer case and from problem it caused rear pinion seal/bearing to get fucked and have to be fixed.

i usually have time to hose it off everyday. wonder if my adams stuff is still good, left it in the truck all weekend in like 20 degree weather.

saw last night a late 60's maybe around a 67 olds cutlass convertable as a winter beater. stuff like that i remember stories from my dad where you could buy a winter beater like that for like 200 bucks and then scrap it for 500 in the spring.

roads are white here with salt yet this morning i see a baby blue 67 ish corvette pull in front of me rolling blue smoke like a bastard