Your vehicles as they sit now!

Cody, just keep it leveled get some paint fix it up, take care of engine you'll be good.

Dont wanna dump a ton of money in it with that many miles

nope. it's getting long traveled and being a prerunner/chase truck for my buddies races. it's got a lot of miles so who cares if it gets beat to shit. plus when motor blows I'll just do a fully built one :datgold:

Sent from Canucks basement

Huck you lucked out, looks way better.
Yeah I did, hopefully I'll get the rest of it done tonight. I was a bitch tho, takes forever

Huck that K5 my be single stage, meaning before the time of 2 stage color+clear coat. Did you have any color transfer to your compounding pad/applicator
I knew it was single stage when I bought it, idk what it would've had factory (single stage or base/clear) but the good thing is it's originally blue. This layers flaking in a few spots and there's blue underneath :success:

Oh, and on a side note, I can get a cowl hood for it for $160 thru work :pepper:

Sent from TapaTwat

In the 80's is when manufacturers really changed over to 2 stage so idk what you have the only way to tell is if you get color transfer when polishing. good news for you is single stage is so soft its easy to remove scratches cause you literally remove paint ahaha

y4y8ybe6.jpg

Dat hover trok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit

In the 80's is when manufacturers really changed over to 2 stage so idk what you have the only way to tell is if you get color transfer when polishing. good news for you is single stage is so soft its easy to remove scratches cause you literally remove paint ahaha

Yeah, I know it was somewhere around 82-85 when GM finished making the switch. This is a respray tho (there's overspray on the door sticker) and it's definitely single stage. I've already completely blued half my detail rags :rofl: I'm not really worried about the scratches but that's definitely a good point. If I keep it for the long run she'll get a full repaint but right now I just want it shiney

nope. it's getting long traveled and being a prerunner/chase truck for my buddies races. it's got a lot of miles so who cares if it gets beat to shit. plus when motor blows I'll just do a fully built one :datgold:

Sent from Canucks basement

righhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

Hand compounded and waxed one side of the K5 tonight. Came out awesome, can't believe there was still life left in this paint
equ5aza7.jpg

y2yte5yn.jpg

unezeveh.jpg

vahybu3a.jpg

Hopefully will get a full side shot tomorrow at work

Sent from TapaTwat

Needs macheen

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk