dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
Really appreciate it Chris. I am constantly wanting to change something or tweak it, but when I look at it there is nothing I want to do. I love it exactly how it is, but want to change it because I haven't touched it cosmetically. Just another props to Austin...for me not to critic it and want to change something is a BIG change for me.
I know dem feels.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Really appreciate it Chris. I am constantly wanting to change something or tweak it, but when I look at it there is nothing I want to do. I love it exactly how it is, but want to change it because I haven't touched it cosmetically. Just another props to Austin...for me not to critic it and want to change something is a BIG change for me.
I'd have a hard time changing anything on that also. Maybe a system would be a good idea then hahah

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I'd have a hard time changing anything on that also. Maybe a system would be a good idea then hahah
On the system I already have the box and the amp. I need to just stop being a lazy ass and install it. 90% of the work is already done, but I can't seem to find the time to piddle with it. I am also worried that 1 10 and 800 watts is going to turn into wanting 2 12's and 2k watts :hmm:

I have thought about 24" TBSS wheels, colormatching the truck and going with a non chrome wheel, stepping down to 20's for better ride and less weight.

All types of thoughts, but it seems like a waste of money when it won't really change the look that much. Colormatching would, but that is a decent chunk of money, when the chrome works so well with the handles and the wheels now.

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
On the system I already have the box and the amp. I need to just stop being a lazy ass and install it. 90% of the work is already done, but I can't seem to find the time to piddle with it. I am also worried that 1 10 and 800 watts is going to turn into wanting 2 12's and 2k watts :hmm:

I have thought about 24" TBSS wheels, colormatching the truck and going with a non chrome wheel, stepping down to 20's for better ride and less weight.

All types of thoughts, but it seems like a waste of money when it won't really change the look that much. Colormatching would, but that is a decent chunk of money, when the chrome works so well with the handles and the wheels now.
Need relocation mod to my house

sent from my glade air freshner

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I'd just concentrate on the system if you have a lot of what you need already. It won't change the look, but you'll be putting your own touches on it and you'll know the system is there.

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I'd just concentrate on the system if you have a lot of what you need already. It won't change the look, but you'll be putting your own touches on it and you'll know the system is there.
Yea I am going to get the system in and maybe do some upgrades along the way...nickel and dime it to how I want it to sound. Then eventually do painted bumper plastics. Other than that I just don't see the need to do anything else to the truck.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA

That tents to happen from time to time, my Impaler was the same way. Went into best buy to get a new cd, found AVIC for it, has some focsls, and a 4 channel amp laying around, decided I should put some rear speakers in and a 12, 12 blew so I decided I needed 2 12s. Ended up being fairly loud (louder than I thought it should have been wit the stuff I was using) but I'm glad I did it because that was probably the last loud system I will have for a very long time.

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
I have 2 brand new DC audio level 3 12s sitting on the shelf in my garage. Just sayin lol
They were supposed to go in my boat but I ended up going with a pair of sundown ZV4'S instead

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana

10/10 would not change the overall look. Cm bumper pads and maybe a shaved gate (if that one isn't) and that's all I would even consider. Tbss 24s would be nice but not sure I'd want them on a daily that I drove a lot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
10/10 would not change the overall look. Cm bumper pads and maybe a shaved gate (if that one isn't) and that's all I would even consider. Tbss 24s would be nice but not sure I'd want them on a daily that I drove a lot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I think TBSS 24's would look BALLER, but I think it would almost be TOO much on a static truck. This truck to me is the perfect mix of "sporty" without being too much. I drive the truck every day, but I only put like 10 miles on it a day. I just think that the 24's might be TOO much and ride would suffer pretty bad?

The only issue with the shaved gate is that with the bedcover it wouldn't work. I would have to either remove bed cover or get a different one (I have thought long and hard about just taking it completely off because I hardly ever even open it). I think shaved gate, painted bumper pads, and painted mirrors with chrome caps would really SET IT OFF, but I honestly don't think it would make enough difference to justify the money (IMO). Bumper caps are hard enough to find someone to sand and paint...can't imagine finding someone to do the mirrors and the shaved gate.

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
I want to get the CGM fams opinion on something. I'm going to be replacing the heims soon and was thinking about bringing the bilstiens down a notch since it'll need aligned anyways. Do you all think I should lower the rear any? Right now I've got about 1" of lean. The bilsteins should bring the front down .59"-.75"

5297fb748651a9d2426cc30771890501.jpg

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Nope, leave the rear where it is. If anything wait until you have the front where you want it and see how it sits.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I feel bad always posting my truck when nothing has changed on it. I just don't see much reason to mess with it, because it looks fine as is. As soon as I can find someone to color match my rear bumper pads I plan to do that and I am going to swap up the exhaust before long. Other than that I am going to drive it and trying to resist putting an expensive system in it.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

You and Dean traded positions...now you are donk truck :(

Truck looks good though man. You enjoying the truck more now?
Truck looks good dude, call around and see what shops would charge for the mirrors. Got all 5 of my esky buckets painted and my tows smoothed/painted for $300. For the bumper pads, just scuff real good with a red scotch Brite, tape it off and shoot it. Find a body shop to put that color in a can and you'll be set.

Yeah I am enjoying it alot more now. I'm much better on fuel now, just gotta find some deals on drop parts and time to do it

Sent from a dingleberry

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I want to get the CGM fams opinion on something. I'm going to be replacing the heims soon and was thinking about bringing the bilstiens down a notch since it'll need aligned anyways. Do you all think I should lower the rear any? Right now I've got about 1" of lean. The bilsteins should bring the front down .59"-.75"

5297fb748651a9d2426cc30771890501.jpg

Nope, leave the rear where it is. If anything wait until you have the front where you want it and see how it sits.
Agreed with this
You get to moose territory yet?
Yep, been here for 2 days and not seen a moose yet lol. And it's hot, wtf

Sent from a dingleberry

Tiki

Jan 23, 2011

Some 20" centerlines imo