Yates's Duramax

You said you're building for SEMA and want to get noticed........... The bros with go ape shit if it has anything Monster related on it. :read:

:crazy:

Thanks, and I'm really just trying to pick the truck apart just to fuck with you. :shake:

I will keel in your sleep...

Seriously though you know we made a Monster themed Ford truck for SEMA last year right?? :roflsquared:

1304tr-21%2Bsema-2012-truckin-takeover%2Bmonster-ford.jpg

Tis why I said what I did.

:rofltank:

Just a side note, what happens to these trucks after SEMA? Do the companies that build them keep them or sell them off?

Depends, Kelderman bought the Ford so they keep it but the silver dodge has to be given back as it was a dodge sponsorship.

It is all in how the original purchasing of the truck is done. All my sponsorship duties are fullfilled after SEMA and the parts are mine to keep.

So headlights came in today and were all messed up from shipping so he has to start from scratch again. They will be chrome this time, I didn't really like the white once they were here.

Lulz. The white was the choice of the builder so I guess I got a free do over.

Had a few things painted last week, still undecided on the back bumper plastic but the stuff on the back will be painted shortly.

20130922_120226_zps03999a01.jpg

20130922_120301_zps64c15abe.jpg

I think it looks good as is Yates. Maybe paint the handle (like you said some things will be painted, assuming this). But since you have the chrome painted, I think the pads would be overkill IMO.

Handle is getting painted for sure and either removing the bowtie or painting it.

So mash white. :whoa:

Remove the bowtie and just paint the lower section of the bumper plastics.

So mash white. :whoa:

Remove the bowtie and just paint the lower section of the bumper plastics.

I actually had someone mention just painting the lower part. Might keep the bowtie and paint it, just feel like so much open space without it.

Can't remember who did it but someone here or the other site did the plastics like that and it looked good. Those gates are huge, just put your sponsor logos on the gate. :shrug:

Can't remember who did it but someone here or the other site did the plastics like that and it looked good. Those gates are huge, just put your sponsor logos on the gate. :shrug:

Maybe just get a vinyl pic of me on the gate, IDK. I tried searching some for pics of the rear plastics painted but not really a very good search word to look for. If you stumble across some post em up or PM they to me. I still have to repaint the front bumper and valance due to GM's wonderful paint on these...

Sand and paint the rear bumper plastic gloss black like James' truck, that looks sick :imo:

Edit: and paint the front bottom valance black too

James with the NBS? I kinda feel like the rear plastics being painted would be too much white.