HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
If you're that worried you should be running hard lines. If you take the time to run the lines to where they will not be by anything hot, hit by road debris, or pinched/cut by moving parts you will be fine. Valve blocks really clean up air setups and are way easier to install.
Hard lines =/= easy to install, although i do plan on doing hard lines,
I also run 1/2" lines and valves

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
I had hydros and hated them, too much work.
its not really hydros, it still bags, the hydros just act as the connection between the bag and the frame. you have a bag mechanically connected to a hydraulic cylinder which is connected to another hydraulic cylinder in a master slave arrangement mounted on the suspension which allows the bag to only operate in a linear motion, limiting stress on the bag

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Bracket looks BAMF, just took it back to sand blast so there is hope to get it back today.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Not a great picture but the bracket I designed. Won't be able to mock fit until tomorrow :down:

zcttXbg.jpg

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Not much to show but have all the old air management and rear seat out so ready to start wiring up the new system. I was hoping to have it completed next weekend but hit a deer in the GFs Impala so probably have to deal with that this week.

Not sure why these pics turned out so shitty but I will retake them later on.

Bracket with rubber isolators to help quiet down compressor vibration.
sRSVSMd.jpg

eOQ6BUQ.jpg

XZUYGuC.jpg

And everything mocked up on the bracket.
oOK5t3g.jpg

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
While doing mock up I noticed some of the existing air lines are long enough and some are too short, was really hoping to not have to run new lines :pissed:

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Finally had some time to work on the car tonight and an extra set of hands I needed. Had to redesign the bracket since trying to bend 3/8 airline 180° was the dumbest idea ever, the powdercoater forgot to do the piece today so can't get everything bolted down... Anyways tank is bolted down, isolators are bolted through the floor, bulkheads bolted, and drain valve put into place. Going to try to get airlines ran tomorrow, luckily only the rear bags need new lines ran, write up the drain valve, and mount the relays. Hopefully Monday the mount will get powdered and the I can bolt it down as well as compressors and valve block bolted down then ruin the final lines.

MAzgdfBh.jpg

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Niice! Love seeing progress on this thing. Can't wait to see the result.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Trying to keep this looking clean so that when I finish out the trunk I can showcase it.

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Finally got some work done on the car tonight, still have to pull those wires back more, plumb underneath, and sensors but I am seeing an end in sight!

y1n3iQeh.jpg

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Wiring and plumbing is all finished up, interior is almost back together and hopefully will get the sensors put on tomorrow so I can finally drive it again...

No real pictures other than this one of the switch I changed out, it had a big ugly toggle to turn on and off the compressor so put a nicer momentary switch for the tank drain.

NkbjI3ph.jpg

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Got the car off jack stands last night and have it calibrated in pressure monitoring mode, will do the height sensors later as I am sick of hearing "How much longer do you have on this?" and supposed to snow this weekend so gave up for this year. Raining today and tomorrow so going to get the wheels torqued down and clean up the garage from the install then drive it a little Wednesday and Thursday then get it situated for the winter :(. Once it warms up this spring I am going to try to finish up the sensors and redo the exhaust, also going to start saving for a trailer then wheels and tires, this will likely not be a fast things as we are also going to be looking pretty serious at new houses so with down payments, new furniture, and whatever else comes up it will take the money I have saved pretty fast but should have a trailer bought at least.

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Finally got the radio installed in the glove box, I guess I lost the trim piece somewhere so have to pick up another one of those but sounds way better even before tuning.

rlTvl6wh.jpg