Austin

GMC Owner
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama
Okay so I got my HIDs in the mail today. They are all Morimoto Elite with the heavy duty relay. I ordered H11 for the lows, 9005 for the highs, 5202/H16 for the fogs.

I started on the fogs, and noticed the factory plug from the truck is rectangular shaped, but the Morimoto connection is oval shaped. And I don't see how I connect the relay harness to the factory harness?

I don't want to have to cut and splice any wires really. But I realize I might have to pull the plastic connector off the end of the wires.

And I noticed a lot more plugs and connectors coming off the relays, and they appear to all be the same except for I think two of them have added connection plugged in (about 6 inches long). So is there going to be extra for testing reasons or something?

So if anyone has a diagram of some sort, or if you can give me good description or any pictures to help, That would be greatly appreciated!

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
sounds confusing but it sounds like you ordered the wrong harness for the fogs. The Morimoto harness I have has a fused power wire (Red) one trigger wire (9005/9006 connection in my case) then two outputs (also 9005/9006) and then one ground wire for each output (black) I think thats all it has I can crawl under the truck later and check it out if need be. Ive also experienced that sometimes wiring harnesses don't include the right connections for your factory wiring. A lot of the times they just use the generic HID 9005-9006 connections

Austin

GMC Owner
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama
Okay. So I got them wired up. What I did for the fig lights so I wouldn't have to use and adapter or cut and splice any wires break the old bulb and solder some wire from the leads and then solders those wires into the adapter that plugs into the ballast.

ynuqy9ag.jpg

na8amyqy.jpg

u9e3anas.jpg

edy9etej.jpg

zu8ujy3u.jpg

3umy9asu.jpg

I can post a How-To thread if anyone wants me to.