White face gauges, have some questions

Slammed2000

Jun 10, 2013
Ok I have a us speedo Daytona white face gauge overlay, I also want to paint the needles while I have them off, what's the best paint to use and best way to remove paint from the needle? I want to make the needles red and will I need a special paint?? Thanks the truck is a 2000 silverado by the way

I thought i remember reading somewhere the orange doesnt come off the needles very easy or well. I think the general thought was go on ebay and buy replacement needles in the color you want. I think you can get red, blue, clear

I thought i remember reading somewhere the orange doesnt come off the needles very easy or well. I think the general thought was go on ebay and buy replacement needles in the color you want. I think you can get red, blue, clear

correct, I think its actually mixed into the plastic that the needles are made of. also if you paint its kinda hard because they wont illuminate as well at night.

best be is to do like Geoff suggested and get needles off ebay

mine came off fine. I just used acetone, then took the dremel and some polish to get rid of the hazing left from the acetone.

correct, I think its actually mixed into the plastic that the needles are made of. also if you paint its kinda hard because they wont illuminate as well at night.

best be is to do like Geoff suggested and get needles off ebay

Not true. My needle paint easily came off with a cotton swab and lacquer thinner. 99-02 needles are different though.

I just used model car paint to repaint them. Only paint the back sides of the needles (opposite side facing you) so that light can illuminate throughout the needle.

This is true, I removed the orange on the needles of my '01 with nail polish remover. 2003-up the paint on the needles were different or they did a different process on them.