marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
ok so i did a DRL delete like the youtube video posted and now this is happening

just wondering what i causing it and how do i fix it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
you must have a running light wire hooked up with a blinker wire, that way it thinks that the blinkers are on constantly like running lights.

the weird thing is only the left side does it. so is it possible that i somehow shorted out the actual blinker mechanism if there is one on these trucks :shrug:

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
ok so i just drove my truck and everything is fine.... like the signals worked properly...

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
should have used a turn signal socket instead of drl socket. atleast that's how I did mine.

thats probably a good idea anyway because the drl socket only makes the little prong in the bulb light up not the big one so its not as bright...but i dont think that will make a difference once i put led's in there...

i have a question, since i am putting led's in there i will need resistors can i wire the resistor before the wires are spliced together since i will only need to use one resistor or can i even add them where i have spliced the wires already?

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Why does everyone use resisters and hack splice shit into their wires, when you can just lift the pin on the bcm that controls the "light out" function? ComeonNow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
Why does everyone use resisters and hack splice shit into their wires, when you can just lift the pin on the bcm that controls the "light out" function? ComeonNow

say what ?

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
I forget what pin it is, it's been a while since I've done mine.
But the module is under the dash on the driver side. You lift the pin that controls the "light out" function, which is what causes LEDs to hyper flash. The truck thinks there's a light out due to low current draw of the led. This you know.
There's a thread on GMFS I believe. And corny has done it a few times, maybe ask him real quick

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
I forget what pin it is, it's been a while since I've done mine.
But the module is under the dash on the driver side. You lift the pin that controls the "light out" function, which is what causes LEDs to hyper flash. The truck thinks there's a light out due to low current draw of the led. This you know.
There's a thread on GMFS I believe. And corny has done it a few times, maybe ask him real quick

this works for all the signals?

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
I'm full of good deeds. Y'all are just assholes. LOL

You're welcome

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
I don't know how it works, but I seen it in Cornell's build thread.

Remove lower dash panel, rock that black box back and forth til you can pull it out.
DSC03241.jpg

Open the box with a screwdriver or something, I used the key to my truck
DSC03245.jpg

Clip pin #7, kinda a pain cause its so small.
Image001copy.jpg

Install back in truck and no more hyperflash. Stolen pics from Boo5ted.

Quoted for members that don't want to visit gmfgtsize.

Just noticed mufucka stole the pics from me. :tableflip: