Western Chassis Sucks! never again!

stroker87

May 16, 2014
I got a western chassis flip kit, when I went to installed had a problem with the saddles not fitting in the axle perches so after talking to the tech he told me I had the new "updated" version of the saddle and it should fit???? WTF? I had to mod a bolt on kit to make it work witch was a little annoying but what ever i was looking forward to getting it all installed and seeing my truck a little lower how I wanted it, so got every thing together go for a drive well every time i take off with any thing more then a 1/4 peddle (more aggressive) I get a clunk also get it in reverse so call the tech again tell him i got it together but now have this "clunk" issue I told him I have a RCSB he tells me give me a few hours let me talk to other tech's and I'll get back to you........ so 3 hours later he calls me and tells me i need a carrier bearing spacer to fix my pinion angle (WFT???) I have a 1 peace drive shaft I told him so again he tells me i'll get back to you, finally get a call back he tells me I need a 6 degree shim kit and he'll send it to me so my truck sat not wanting to mess any thing up the whole holiday weekend shims come in I go to install them and 2 out of the 4 U bolts wont loosen again WFT!!!! there pretty long I used my hands to tighten on a good way so didn't cross thread them had to cut them off now need new U bolts for a kit with less then 2 miles on it

cheap hardware, dont fit correctly total waist of time and money! OH any my axle if off center about 1/2"

sorry about the rant but if it helps any one its worth it........

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
I was looking at their stuff the other day. Not bad prices. But now I'm not gonna even entertain the idea of ordering from there.

stroker87

May 16, 2014
this was my 1st time using them, I placed my order with summit racing on the 19th it was the only flip kit they had in stock for my truck and i wanted it fast so i can get it done before the holiday weekend since i had a few day to play with my truck and get it installed total waist I'm tempted to order another kit and toss this one I'm so annoyed by it!

stroker87

May 16, 2014
I acually was looking online at the MCG's flip, I dont know how WC is still in business especially since I have there "NEW UPDATED" setup that didnt fit with out me hacking on it

have a question the truck is not the same drop at any corner does the suspension need to settle or something?

Last edited:

TheSuspensionSource

The Lowering Experts
I acually was looking online at the MCG's flip, I dont know how WC is still in business especially since I have there "NEW UPDATED" setup that didnt fit with out me hacking on it

have a question the truck is not the same drop at any corner does the suspension need to settle or something?

Let me know if you decide to scrap the kit you have now. I have seen your posts on the forums. Sucks you are having so many problems.

well normally the left side is lower than the right due to "chevy lean" because of the gas tank. so you wont have 4 equal corners untill you do something to address that, weather its a coil spacer or a 1in left shackle on the drivers side.