Welsh907's winter build

Got pulled over for driving too low.
apuda2e6.jpg

Full lift
2ugabu4a.jpg

Do they pull cars over all the time then? I always get asked that when people see I have a lowered truck. 'won't you hit everything?' etc. I just say I'm not lower than a lot of cars and they just go 'oh' :rofl:

It's against the law in Alaska to drive too low??? :think:

You just need to know your state laws. Every state has different suspension and bumper height requirements. however, most only refer to lifting the vehicle. the law is to keep people from being stupid and body lifting the shit out of their vehicle.

since I travel a lot through tennessee a lot, I keep the printed out section of their law in my truck.
for instance, Tennessee requires that 4WD trucks have a bumper between 14"-31" and that passenger vehicles bumpers do not exceed 22". this is measured from the roadway to bottom of the bumper. they also require that no vehicle body floor be more than 4" from top of the frame.

In the state of Kentucky, there are no restrictions on any of these things.

Yessir. He read from our statues that it is within his right to pull me over if:

"Any part of a vehicles frame or body is in imminent danger of coming in contact of the ground while moving"

And let me tell you, he was right, because I was going down lake Otis, which is about 4-5 miles of straight road, and that bitch was skimmin the ground.

Got my valance all trimmed.
Wheel tubs are in. Going to plate the front section in front of the tub still.
5aheruny.jpg

uvaqa5ej.jpg

u2uzypaq.jpg

Pulled the drivers tub down a little since this pic.
Hood closes properly with clearance :success:

Damn, that windshield has seen better days. I'm surprised the cop didn't say anything about that.

Looking good. Hated wheels at first but they are growing on me. Excited to see it painted.

Me too. Going to be a while before its painted I'm afraid.

Just had my best friend die in a non-fault motorcycle crash. We had an obs we painted for him a couple years ago and I always loved it, so my girlfriend, my painter and I all decided we were swapping up the paint again. Plum crazy is going on a lifted Burban and my truck will be painted like this, just like my best friends truck.
ydeqeqav.jpg

Thanks guys.
Really sucks because he literally died the night before his 21st birthday.

Pros, it did bring a lot of people together, and I finally decided on a paint scheme that covered all the bases I could never cover before.

Think this weekend were going to have a few drinks for him.