Welders Thread

would not get something that old. Thats just me though. I know a few guys that get rid of welders every 3 years or so since the warranty ends. Little unnecessary but I'd like knowing that there is a warranty if something messes up.

I traded all 3 of my Miller 350P welders in last year for all new Lincoln 350MP welders. I'm liking the new Lincolns a lot.

Everything else in my shop is blue though.

I've got a Miller 175 that has it's share of annoyances. Mostly the stock gun and ground clamp were garbage, but the gas solenoid sticks occasionally (once a year or so) and it's duty cycle is about on par for a low end 220v machine, meaning low.

I also have a Miller Dialarc 250 HF tig that hasn't had a hiccup while being 25 years old and has more power, even on an under rated 60a breaker, than I could ever need for vehicle fabrication. I haven't had to use it as a SMAW power source yet but having 3 ranges to dial in for DCEN and AC with the tig torch have been invaluable. Nothing short of DRO's would suffice.

I would replace the 175 with a 210/212 or 251/252 in a heartbeat if I found the right deal. It's not worth going from used to new money wise, but used to used would make sense.

my new welder came in yesterday im ready to do work.......
2012-11-08175757.jpg

de4eha6y.jpg

New auto darkening hood. Nothing fancy think it was like $90 but what a difference. Not sure why I never made the switch years ago.