Jrluz14

Feb 14, 2011
Mass
Wow I'm glad I saw this thread. I was just about to get a 2 way viper alarm/remote start next week. I'll be going with an avital remote start like my last truck now.

baldd86

Mar 9, 2012
Wow I'm glad I saw this thread. I was just about to get a 2 way viper alarm/remote start next week. I'll be going with an avital remote start like my last truck now.

I would suggest that the viper remotes suck balls

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana

I love my viper and its range. My remote just broke somehow. Think someone stepped on it when I lived in my old apartment and roommate had a party....never heard of avital :shrug:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I had an avital, I liked it
I would suggest that the viper remotes suck balls

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
word
I love my viper and its range. My remote just broke somehow. Think someone stepped on it when I lived in my old apartment and roommate had a party....never heard of avital :shrug:

range is decent, remotes blow

Jrluz14

Feb 14, 2011
Mass
I heard Avital is made by Direct Electronics or something like that which is the same company that makes Viper and Python.

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
I have a 671XV on my 01 and i dont even use it anymore because of the $150-to-replace remote. It worked fine for about 2.5yr, but then it started making the LOUD beeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeep noise (like the battery is going dead) anytime a button is pushed - among other quirky things that started after 2-3 years. So fuck it, might try it again, prolly not.

Stock alarm ftw.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
I heard Avital is made by Direct Electronics or something like that which is the same company that makes Viper and Python.

True. Avital used to be its own company but its now owned by Directed. Directed also bought Autostart, which is very popular in Canada.I read somewhere that that they didn't change anything though, they are still made in the same factory to the same specs. I'm not sure about Avital, if they made to the same specs as a Viper or Python. I remember years ago when they bought Clifford. They really just bought it for the name because a Clifford is just a rebadged Viper now. Clifford, Python, and Viper are all identical. The remotes are even compatible with each other. So you can replace your Viper remote with a Clifford or Python remote if you really wanted to.

Jrluz14

Feb 14, 2011
Mass
The Avital in my last truck was awesome. Never failed me for the 2 years that I've had it and it had great range. Plus for $140 installed I couldn't go wrong.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
What's fucked up is with a LOT of systems (not just Viper) if your two way remote breaks, its at least $150 for a new one. Being that I install all my alarms myself, I would just buy a new alarm rather than pay $150+ for one remote.

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
What's fucked up is with a LOT of systems (not just Viper) if your two way remote breaks, its at least $150 for a new one. Being that I install all my alarms myself, I would just buy a new alarm rather than pay $150+ for one remote.

i couldnt agree with this more. thats half of the alarms value is the damned remote

Andrew.

:hnnng:
Jan 20, 2011
Canadadia
My LCD is broken. Buttons work, but the screen is shot.

Better to just replace the alarm brain or buy a new remote?

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
unless you want a whole new alarm and want different features or anything like that, i'd just buy a new remote imo