Jose.

Loves tacos
Mar 11, 2012
Runaway Bay (N.TX)
This one was done for 5k, included shaving the tailgate, blinkers, handles, molding rollpan, and doing the inside if the cab. Good paint for cheap is easy to find in Texas
384540_319931421360919_1511525172_n.jpg

Edit: Idk why the fuck he kept the gutters

This one was done for 5k, included shaving the tailgate, blinkers, handles, molding rollpan, and doing the inside if the cab. Good paint for cheap is easy to find in Texas

Edit: Idk why the fuck he kept the gutters

you figure this guy has 5k into his paint, he has 2 tone, had to have the door jams and interior painted. if the camaro stays black (which we all assume) we can say that the door jams, and everything else do not need to be preped and painted, cutting cost by quiet a lot.

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
If i wanted to paint my rcsb to lets say green, do full jams, color sand, like show quality id expect to pay north of 10k up here, and I only only 1 guy i would trust to pull it off.

Tru point jared, if shes wrapping she aint doing jams, so paint would be the equivalent...well played

Camaro 69 we built a few years ago, after countless hours of body work at a seprate price, paint was 20k ontop. Now the floor was painted, sanded, cleared and buffed, and a full on restomod, but you get the idea.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
I havent heard of any places that do a 'nice' job for under 3k...maybe a quick original color respray yeah, but a full on in/out (door jambs, engine bay, etc.) strip, bodywork, prep, paint and clear, and finish will set you back more than 3k.

I could get my Grand Prix resprayed for about $1500 with prep, bodywork and supplies, probably cheaper if I paid him cash. Helps when you know a body shop owner.

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
If i wanted to paint my rcsb to lets say green, do full jams, color sand, like show quality id expect to pay north of 10k up here, and I only only 1 guy i would trust to pull it off.

Tru point jared, if shes wrapping she aint doing jams, so paint would be the equivalent...well played

Camaro 69 we built a few years ago, after countless hours of body work at a seprate price, paint was 20k ontop. Now the floor was painted, sanded, cleared and buffed, and a full on restomod, but you get the idea.

$20k? Restomod or not Im not paying ANYONE 20k to a full on paint job / color change if I sent them in a roller. If its 20k for paint, then it better be a full on Concours paint and I had better not find a SINGLE flaw anywhere, the firewall better be smoothed, and the painter better be doing all the labor as far as reinstalling mouldings, trims, ect ect. followed by an awesome hand jerb and then Id still probably request a BJ.

GCncsuHD

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Mar 8, 2011
Salisbury, NC
I didn't see where she was talking about doing a complete color change requiring jambs, engine bay, etc.

$3k will get you a better than showroom quality original color and clear respray with any peel wetsanded and buffed out around here. Now then if you were dealing with a metallic color instead of her black, it would be a little more, and obviously if it was a complete color change done right it would be much more, but I don't see where she was asking for that.

A simple showroom equivalent respray on that black, without requiring jambs etc. to be done, and considering the horrible orange peel that GM vehicles roll off the assembly line with, a showroom stock quality job would easily be under $2k here.