amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
I am looking to take my turn signal amber piece out and replace it with a clear piece of plastic leaving the reflector still usable just clear. I need to replace the bulbs with amber bulbs. I am curious if bulbs are readily available at any auto part stores or if I need to special order them.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
I found clear coated reflectors and they are not that bad price wise. I honestly wouldn't mind keeping the reflector on and then replacing the clear bulb with an amber bulb
they make them chrome coated.

you better off pulling the amber out and putting nothing back in reflector wise

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
Only way I'd keep the reflector in after all that work is if I was gonna color match it.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
Only way I'd keep the reflector in after all that work is if I was gonna color match it.
I just wanted to stay within the bounds of the law. Since I tow a boat and drive to different states I wanted to stay legal. I don't necessarily color match. I try to keep my truck black and chrome. Red for Taillights is acceptable. I posted pix of it up on here

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
Well the law as I understand, its that there must be Amber/orange reflection, not just light on the side of all vehicles to be within DOT compliance iirc. But that's also subject to variance by State
So what you plan on doing may not fly either.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
Well the law as I understand, its that there must be Amber/orange reflection, not just light on the side of all vehicles to be within DOT compliance iirc. But that's also subject to variance by State
So what you plan on doing may not fly either.
Shiet....cause it's always lit up so at night it should be ok. I should check FL dot

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
here is my loop hole. since your pulling apart OEM lights, and putting them back together, they will still show DOT approved on the lens. so you tell the cop its DOT approved so its legal.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

plus in reality your vehicle only needs to be legal in the state its registered in. when your out of state, its like here, PA you have have tinted windows, Jersey you cannot. But a jersey cop cant give you a ticket for tinted windows, because your tint is legal in your home state.

Chewy07

Wookie on the Beat
Apr 9, 2013
Stillwater, OK
I've drove through AR, TN, AL and FL with mine and never got stopped for any of my illegal mods. Lights, exhaust, and tint. Just depends how big of an asshole the cop wants to be. It may make a difference if you tow a lot though.

amfr

Banned
Jan 15, 2016
here is my loop hole. since your pulling apart OEM lights, and putting them back together, they will still show DOT approved on the lens. so you tell the cop its DOT approved so its legal.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

plus in reality your vehicle only needs to be legal in the state its registered in. when your out of state, its like here, PA you have have tinted windows, Jersey you cannot. But a jersey cop cant give you a ticket for tinted windows, because your tint is legal in your home state.
I like where you are headed. Since I'm technically leaving on the reflector just changing it to clear it might work....cops are not the smartest...unless they are assholes then they will do anything they want