Joke: Turbocharged Rice Cooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's the same around here. All the STIs are like $10k more than a similar WRX. I would rather have a WRX and spend $10k on extras, make it faster than a stock STI, handle better and look much better without that stupid fin.

Exactly. But I lack the extra money right now haha. So just the basics will have to do. I can't wait for some snow though. Gonna get a few videos with the go pro

Yep, that's in the back of my mind also. But then you get into more fuel system demands and so on.

Injectors are cheap. Atleast here they are. Theres a good following here, with the STL Subaru club, lots of good guys and parts are easy and cheap to come by.

There's also a 04 STi here for sale with 105K on it and they are asking like 19K for it....BWWAHAHAHA

It's getting it right now haha.

I have been checking cl, but nothing pops up. I'd want the sti TMIC, sti seats, 08+ sti turbo, 06-07 sti 6 speed...etc. I should just buy an sti :laugh:

Ideally this is gonna be an OEM+ build kinda like my truck. If I can eventually get to ~280ish whp I'll be ecstatic.

GEtting gready at 280wheel on that old of a motor. Your gonna learn real fast how rings fail on these motors

Yeah it's the same around here. All the STIs are like $10k more than a similar WRX. I would rather have a WRX and spend $10k on extras, make it faster than a stock STI, handle better and look much better without that stupid fin.

STI is still a better deal, by the time you switch diff, trans, brakes, turobs, suspension etc. Modded WRX is never better then STi. I understand the theory, but it just simply isnt correct

Oh I know, I'm just dreaming out loud right now. :crazy:

Honestly the only thing that will be getting done is just up/dp, intake, maybe sti top mount and pro tune. STi struts and call it done. That should hold me over for a year or two til I can afford a STi.

STI is still a better deal, by the time you switch diff, trans, brakes, turobs, suspension etc. Modded WRX is never better then STi. I understand the theory, but it just simply isnt correct

Yeah your probably right. I just hate the STI fin so much, but I guess thats a pretty easy remove.

I was going to buy a WRX but then I discovered the Legacy GT. I like it so much more, its bigger, more comfortable to drive and has better features. The only thing that sucks about mine is that its an Auto.

Yeah your probably right. I just hate the STI fin so much, but I guess thats a pretty easy remove.

I was going to buy a WRX but then I discovered the Legacy GT. I like it so much more, its bigger, more comfortable to drive and has better features. The only thing that sucks about mine is that its an Auto.

Exactly why i bought a LGT over a STI...much nicer car

Just some stuff from the last week or so.

Sanded and polished my headlights, washed, stripped, clayed, sealed, and waxed the car. Cleaned up in interior. Got a new drivers side fog light because the glass was cracked and tinted both fogs with yellow vinyl. Got mesh fog light covers to prevent another cracked light. Got my accessport in and loaded up just a 93 octane tune and I use it to monitor and data log.

I've really been enjoying the car so far. It definitely needs new struts though, these are pretty tired. I'll be doing that probably in the spring.

On to some pics.

gndz2Yh.jpg

TVv95ur.jpg

cuR34Wd.jpg

JUKKLeq.jpg

4qUx2do.jpg

QhaJLfI.jpg

4ETEI7a.jpg

I have the AP set up to monitor boost, AFR, IATs, coolant temp, ignition timing, and EGTs

eeq4RNE.jpg

well you said you wanted a turbo, just didnt think you would buy a car for it lol.

should get a launch video on the gopro from exhaust point and headrest etc.

Lol not gonna launch with this 5 speed, these are notoriously called the "glass box" transmissions. Dnw it or front/rear diff to go pop

Status
Not open for further replies.