Joke: Turbocharged Rice Cooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops my Bad, I saw the plates on your truck in your sign and thought they were Michigan for some weird reason.

The Up Pipe is actually pretty easy to do. I just had to soak the bolts in PB Blaster and I was able to get it out no problem. I have been told that there is not much difference between working on my LGT and the WRX, both engine compartments are small as hell.

I just gotta watch a few youtube videos on it and I'll be a certified master tech :crazy:

stop spending money on it :facepalm:

Ok mom

and if you do the up pipe, look around for an STi intercooler while you're at it. If nothing else, when someone looks thru the scope they will see those red letters on it get a hint.

truck needs the lovin.

It's getting it right now haha.

and if you do the up pipe, look around for an STi intercooler while you're at it. If nothing else, when someone looks thru the scope they will see those red letters on it get a hint.

I have been checking cl, but nothing pops up. I'd want the sti TMIC, sti seats, 08+ sti turbo, 06-07 sti 6 speed...etc. I should just buy an sti :laugh:

Ideally this is gonna be an OEM+ build kinda like my truck. If I can eventually get to ~280ish whp I'll be ecstatic.

Cool car and solid plans man. Take it you got a good deal? They are all over the place price wise here.

Jbro, you are of deep pockets. Send me some of those petrol pennies so I can sell this and buy an STi.

Been reading about the stock up pipe and how it likes to fuck things up. I think I'm gonna save and do the HKS up/down pipe in a month or two. That way is all bolts up to my catback and I don't have to worry about the stocker taking out the turbo.

Not a bad plan. the other thing you could look for is a VF43 turbo from the 04+ STi. Several of the local guys are running them and pushing 300+ to the ground at stage 2

Yep, that's in the back of my mind also. But then you get into more fuel system demands and so on.

Dude. Srs. How much more expensive was an sti? You may have been ahead of the have just shelling out some extra dough in the beginning no?

All of the sti's in my area would have cost me at least another $8-$10k. I don't have that kind of guap to play with right now. I'm just doing little things now. Who knows, in a year when I'm done with school and get a real job I may be able to afford an sti.

Deem. Didn't know they were that expensive.
A friend back in hs bought an 05 Sti in 07 for 13k. Although it was a divorce sale

Yeah all depends on miles and what's all done to it. People want a ton for them, at least around me. Even 04-05s are still priced at $12-$14k. It's insane lol

Damn. Just looked at local CL. Little fuckers are expensive.
He got mega deal I think, his may even have been 06 after looking at the headlights. I don't remember.
It had 13k miles, and needed a clutch 3 weeks after he bought it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.