Joke: Turbocharged Rice Cooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk why but this shit had me fucking rolling :rofltank:

:crazy:

If you camber and stretch it I will ban you!

Not gonna happen!

i like the angry headlights that came after this body

So do I, but I didn't like the price tag that came with them.

For the love of god make sure the timing belt has been changed with 151K on it!! They need to be replaced before 120K and those cars are notorious for the belt snapping! When that happens, they drop valves and motor goes bye bye!!

I had mine on STi springs, all you need to change is the top hats and they swap right in. Sti springs can be had for about 50 bucks, and they will drop the car about 1/2" but it handles waaaaay better with them.

Heres a picture of my old car for some inspiration

IMG_4752 by G_Anderson, on Flickr

I was looking for pics of the black housing headlights to see how they'd look. I need new ones or to save these. Yours looked great! Timing belt was done with the clutch at 90k, so I'm good there. I'll probably have it serviced before I head back to school for peace of mind.

Great fun cars, ive had lots of subarus

I have had GREAT succes with Turbo XS UPs, they have a flex built in...which is key, much easier to install, and less prone to leaking.

IMO, I would not spend 300 pon springs. At 151, those struts need to be replaced, they wont perform NEAR to the level they should. If i were in your shoes, Id get some partial body coilovers, BCracing etc, They can be had for 900-1000 for EVERYTHING. Ride great, handle really well, and lots of adjustablility. Putting springs on our oem struts would be very counter productive. Ask Justin how great his Cruze rides, same design as BC

Enjoy the car! Fyi on the maintanence hes right about getting that belt check/changed. Also, In your climate it qualifies that car for severe service intervals. 40,000miles you need to do trans, tranfers, and rear diff services

Will look into the TurboXS uppipe, that sounds like a good design. And thanks for the advice on springs and co's. I checked spring prices and they are $169, less than I thought. But I want to do it right, so I will hold out for a good setup when I save up for it. I rode in Justin's cruze and it was so smooth.

I will have the maintenance done either by me or a shop depending on when I get time. Definitely before the winter.

And if it needs new trans fluid, look up the Uncle Scotty's cocktail. I made that for mine and it shifted 1000000x better afterwards.

:shake: Looking it up now

be funny if this was faster than your truck lol.

It is and I don't care :laugh:

:I was looking for pics of the black housing headlights to see how they'd look. I need new ones or to save these. Yours looked great! Timing belt was done with the clutch at 90k, so I'm good there. I'll probably have it serviced before I head back to school for peace of mind.

Will look into the TurboXS uppipe, that sounds like a good design. And thanks for the advice on springs and co's. I checked spring prices and they are $169, less than I thought. But I want to do it right, so I will hold out for a good setup when I save up for it. I rode in Justin's cruze and it was so smooth.

:shake: Looking it up now

The headlights mine had arent the typical "koji" modded bugeye lights. Those were the real deal EDM STi headlight with HIDs. I sold them for 1000 bucks when i sold the car, they are crazy expensive but super cool. Good news now though is you can mod the crappy ebay lights with mini H1 projectors and be just as good.

My car had Full turbo XS on it, up-pipe, catless downpipe, test pipe and axle back. Sounded so awesome.

The headlights mine had arent the typical "koji" modded bugeye lights. Those were the real deal EDM STi headlight with HIDs. I sold them for 1000 bucks when i sold the car, they are crazy expensive but super cool. Good news now though is you can mod the crappy ebay lights with mini H1 projectors and be just as good.

My car had Full turbo XS on it, up-pipe, catless downpipe, test pipe and axle back. Sounded so awesome.

Wow, those are some expensive lights but they look awesome. I'll probably have EFI Logics over in CT work on the car once the time comes for more exhaust mods. They have a good reputation and a large client base.

What kind of engine management were you running?

Nice Car. Cant go wrong with a Subaru

Thanks man. I love it so far.

Do want, but do not want to know the pricing of it lol. Especially with no US dealers apparently.

I was running some open source tuning that was done with some of the local guys and a laptop. Was all kinds of fast n furious shit going on!!

Lol nice. Cobb seems to be the most popular way to go, kind of like Blackbear for trucks. I just gotta ask a few local tuners what they use and do some research.

next pic after tuning we gona see this shit lol:

manif.jpg

Lol nice. Cobb seems to be the most popular way to go, kind of like Blackbear for trucks. I just gotta ask a few local tuners what they use and do some research.

I have a Cobb Accessport with my LGT, and it worked pretty well to wake up that car with a stage 1, and I plan on going to stage 2 with a downpipe soon. You may be able to find a used Accesport (like I did) for a pretty good deal. There also has to be a Subaru tuner or 2 in the the Michigan area you can go to.

Im also glad you are planning on replacing the Up Pipe, I decided that its worth the $250 bucks to save the engine from a possible Horrible death. I got a Perrin up pipe mainly because Im from Oregon and Perrin in an Oregon company, and I like to buy local if I can.

I have a Cobb Accessport with my LGT, and it worked pretty well to wake up that car with a stage 1, and I plan on going to stage 2 with a downpipe soon. You may be able to find a used Accesport (like I did) for a pretty good deal. There also has to be a Subaru tuner or 2 in the the Michigan area you can go to.

Im also glad you are planning on replacing the Up Pipe, I decided that its worth the $250 bucks to save the engine from a possible Horrible death. I got a Perrin up pipe mainly because Im from Oregon and Perrin in an Oregon company, and I like to buy local if I can.

I'm in NY :laugh:

But there are a few good shops locally, one with a ton of excellent reviews and a huge following. I'll have them do all my major work because I don't see a lot of space in there to work on shit haha.

In other news, just ordered a V3 Accessport straight from Cobb. They're running a contest and someone can win all their compatible parts for their car from them, entries are given with the purchase of a V3 through them so figured why not. Probably wont win but was worth a shot.

I'm in NY :laugh:

But there are a few good shops locally, one with a ton of excellent reviews and a huge following. I'll have them do all my major work because I don't see a lot of space in there to work on shit haha.

In other news, just ordered a V3 Accessport straight from Cobb. They're running a contest and someone can win all their compatible parts for their car from them, entries are given with the purchase of a V3 through them so figured why not. Probably wont win but was worth a shot.

Oops my Bad, I saw the plates on your truck in your sign and thought they were Michigan for some weird reason.

The Up Pipe is actually pretty easy to do. I just had to soak the bolts in PB Blaster and I was able to get it out no problem. I have been told that there is not much difference between working on my LGT and the WRX, both engine compartments are small as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.