Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yeah, I bought one.

V2qmXUp.jpg

2002 WRX 2.0L Turbo 5 speed in Midnight Black Metallic with just under 151k on the clock. Bone stock besides HKS catback, 18" Konig wheels (black = :nono:), 2010-ish WRX shifter, and tint.

Already debadged the trunk and added clear corner lights, removed fog light covers, new headlight & fog light bulbs and added some led reverse & interior lighting for now.

Plans:

-Install the new fogs I just ordered since the driver's side is cracked
-Catless Uppipe of some sort, seeing as the stock cat in the uppipe like to break apart and shred the turbo
-Full paint correction and/or respray depending on level of correction achieved
-Drive it for now

Eventually I want to build it into an capable auto-x/SCCA/etc car that can rail the shit out of a track, but that's after the truck. Or not. We'll see.

Pictars.

LinIE2F.jpg

yHRDdbH.jpg

bWJNlsm.jpg

4laKH1X.jpg

QlWtQwo.jpg

RG4SJIN.jpg

hktCnqB.jpg

swj5XC7.jpg

YUSykh0.jpg

Qtd69yv.jpg

vyJvLQB.jpg

And yes, this is fun as fuck to drive with under 200hp & torque after driveline loss.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
That looks sick. I can get lowering springs from Megan Racing for less than $300 iirc. And that would be 1.5" front and rear....

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
:jelly:

Also have fun with a black DD in the winter :trolldance2:
Yeah its gonna such but the paint is thrashed so automatic car washes will be happening weekly.
Debadge the rest and give them heardlerts some lovin.
Eh, I'll leave the WRX badge for now. And yep, headlights are next on the list.
sigh, my car needs more turbo. i know ive told you already, but looks awesome dude. love it.
Thanks man!
No fart can and your tires touch the ground on both sides?

I AM DISAPOINT.
Give the rice some time to cook, this ain't the instant shit.

:crazy:
Was just about to say it needs dual anodized tips and moar low with a hint of camber.
Haha eventually some low and a different wheel setup will happen.

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
For the love of god make sure the timing belt has been changed with 151K on it!! They need to be replaced before 120K and those cars are notorious for the belt snapping! When that happens, they drop valves and motor goes bye bye!!

I had mine on STi springs, all you need to change is the top hats and they swap right in. Sti springs can be had for about 50 bucks, and they will drop the car about 1/2" but it handles waaaaay better with them.

Heres a picture of my old car for some inspiration

IMG_4752 by G_Anderson, on Flickr

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Great fun cars, ive had lots of subarus

I have had GREAT succes with Turbo XS UPs, they have a flex built in...which is key, much easier to install, and less prone to leaking.

IMO, I would not spend 300 pon springs. At 151, those struts need to be replaced, they wont perform NEAR to the level they should. If i were in your shoes, Id get some partial body coilovers, BCracing etc, They can be had for 900-1000 for EVERYTHING. Ride great, handle really well, and lots of adjustablility. Putting springs on our oem struts would be very counter productive. Ask Justin how great his Cruze rides, same design as BC

Enjoy the car! Fyi on the maintanence hes right about getting that belt check/changed. Also, In your climate it qualifies that car for severe service intervals. 40,000miles you need to do trans, tranfers, and rear diff services

Status
Not open for further replies.