truckin1081

May 23, 2013
Guymon, OK
Truckin1081s 08 CCSB build thread!

Well I couldn't wait to get my old truck sold before I pulled the trigger on a new to me one. Picked up this 08 Crew Cab Sierra SLT from a guy in West Memphis, AR. Haven't had much experience with the NNBS trucks yet so I'm pretty excited about it!

Current mods to truck are
Mcgaughys 4/6 or 7 drop with helper bags. I think that's what it is anyway.
Bolt in rollpan.
22 inch SS replicas
Soft tonneau cover
Painted black roof
HIDs in the headlights
LEDs in the fogs
LEDs in the dome lights
Bedliner
Painted tailgate handle

Planned mods
Ekstensive 2 link
Extensive or MMW front kit
2 piece drive shaft
Accuair e level
24" CK375 reps
Some sort of a system
Factory bumper back on
Remove the step bars
Maybe chrome handles. I can't decide if they would look better than the color matched ones.

IMAG1202_zps6163b6af.jpg

IMAG1193_zps07cf8519.jpg

IMAG1203_zpsbed19731.jpg

ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Looks like a good start man. I don't think chrome handles would look bad since it would match the wheels and door moldings.....like the fact you plan on bagging it eventually as well. Any reasoning behind the Ekstensive 2-link? Do want some MMW front arms when I eventually get mine bagged.

Edit: Also think you should add cleared front headlights and some denali taillights to that list up there :crazy:

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
not a fan of the painted roof :puke: other wise a nice looking truck plans also sound good

truckin1081

May 23, 2013
Guymon, OK
Looks like a good start man. I don't think chrome handles would look bad since it would match the wheels and door moldings.....like the fact you plan on bagging it eventually as well. Any reasoning behind the Ekstensive 2-link? Do want some MMW front arms when I eventually get mine bagged.

Edit: Also think you should add cleared front headlights and some denali taillights to that list up there :crazy:

Just going with the 2 link due to familiarity with it. Put one on a friends single cab and haven't had a single problem with it. Yeah I don't know how I forgot cleared headlights. I don't think I have seen the denali taillights yet

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Just going with the 2 link due to familiarity with it. Put one on a friends single cab and haven't had a single problem with it. Yeah I don't know how I forgot cleared headlights. I don't think I have seen the denali taillights yet

Haha, it's all good man. Gotcha though, definitely wasn't 2-link hatin', was just curious as to why. Your friends a NNBS? I plan on running a Nfamus 3-link, won one from them just haven't received it yet. The denali taillights just have some different/darker borders, etc. and look good on white trucks. I have a set on my truck.

truckin1081

May 23, 2013
Guymon, OK
Haha, it's all good man. Gotcha though, definitely wasn't 2-link hatin', was just curious as to why. Your friends a NNBS? I plan on running a Nfamus 3-link, won one from them just haven't received it yet. The denali taillights just have some different/darker borders, etc. and look good on white trucks. I have a set on my truck.

Yeah his is an 07 NNBS single cab. You have an pics of yours? Might have to get me some. I can't decide on the front kit. I like how simple the ekstensive kit is to install but I really like the mmw jeebus joints. My buddy's ekstensive kits ball joints leak grease everywhere and it would piss me off!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Yeah his is an 07 NNBS single cab. You have an pics of yours? Might have to get me some. I can't decide on the front kit. I like how simple the ekstensive kit is to install but I really like the mmw jeebus joints. My buddy's ekstensive kits ball joints leak grease everywhere and it would piss me off!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I believe I have a picture from when I first put them on in my build thread. I'll have to look. If not I can snag a picture tomorrow. Post up some pictures of his single cab sometime if you have some and of his front and rear you did. I agree, seems like everyone says the Ekstensive kit is easier to install but like you just mention, you can't really beat the jeebus joints and the quality they have. I can never find many install pictures of MMW front arms, he logs in here from time to time. I've thought about asking him if he had any customer install pictures he could post of the front tore down, etc.

truckin1081

May 23, 2013
Guymon, OK
I believe I have a picture from when I first put them on in my build thread. I'll have to look. If not I can snag a picture tomorrow. Post up some pictures of his single cab sometime if you have some and of his front and rear you did. I agree, seems like everyone says the Ekstensive kit is easier to install but like you just mention, you can't really beat the jeebus joints and the quality they have. I can never find many install pictures of MMW front arms, he logs in here from time to time. I've thought about asking him if he had any customer install pictures he could post of the front tore down, etc.

Okay cool. I'll see if I can find some pictures we were in a big hurry when we did it so I don't remember if we took pics or not. Yeah I've been looking for some install pics but there isn't anything out there that I have seen at all!

What's with the black roof? :think:

I don't know man that's how it was when I bought it. Its starting to grow on me a little. Its just different.

Truck looks good man. Do you still happen to have your stock coils laying around?

No sir I ordered a set of struts the other day from a salvage yard to get the stock ones the other day. But I don't know if im going to use them or not.

truckin1081

May 23, 2013
Guymon, OK
Thought I better update this before I get to far along. Got a factory bumper painted to match. Ordered some 375s. Cleared the headlights this weekend. And took advantage of MMW name your own price sale!

20131129_100531_zps59f8eb22.jpg

20131119_194819_zps19bbc73e.jpg

Sent from nowhere

lowlife08

Mar 28, 2012
Looking good cant wait to see it bagged! Any plans of body dropping also?

GreyGhostz71

Jimmy Skrait Perrps
Mar 27, 2012
Damn those wheels changed it a lot! Looks great man. Actually like the black roof

Sent from Tapashit

truckin1081

May 23, 2013
Guymon, OK
Thanks guys! I can't wait to get started on bagging it! No plans of body dropping it. It wouldn't last on our roads. The roof has really grown on me.

Sent from nowhere