Truck vs. Tahoe

Truck vs. Tahoe for Hunting/Fishing/Outdoors/Work and School

• Total voters

Richykneece5

Jul 14, 2012
Im trying to decide between getting a Z71 Tahoe or a truck... I hunt a lot, mostly deer and some waterfowl, and I bass fish a lot. I want a Tahoe because I feel like I would have more room for my gear and clothes and I would also feel safer leaving my stuff inside of the car rather than in the bed of a pick up. I feel like a tahoe would be better for traveling and going to school, but I also feel like it might be too much of a pain having to worrying about putting a rack on the back every time i go deer hunting just in case I kill something... So what are you opinions on tahoes vs. trucks and if you have had experience with both please share which one you liked best!
Thanks

Welcome! IMO, I would get a CC Z71 over a Tahoe. Yes, it would be nice to have the back to throw things in but it would be hell trying to keep the interior clean whereas the truck you just throw it in the bed and don't worry about it. You can put a toolbox in the back to keep your gear in and throw a cooler or other box in the bed when you go hunting/fishing and you still have a big cab so you can throw stuff inside as well

Ok, I hunt too, and no fucking way would I want an SUV for that, what would I do with the carcasses?

1. Buy truck
2. Invest in a QUALITY locking bedcover
3. Thank me later

because at the end of the day, you can lock all that shit in your truck, yes, there is less room, but let's be honest, when is the last time you filled a crew cab up completely in the cab with gear?

Last edited:
Ok, I hunt too, and no fucking way would I want an SUV for that, what would I do with the carcasses?

1. Buy truck
3. Thank me later

because at the end of the day, you can lock all that shit in your truck, yes, there is less room, but let's be honest, when is the last time you filled a crew cab up completely in the cab with gear?

deff this imo.

I hunt in my Suburban. Its kinda a pain in the ass because I have to clean my deer and put the meat in a ice chest
and the whole time try to not get blood on the outside of the ice chest. It was easier when I used to have a trailer and a 4 Wheeler.
I could just put everything dirty on the trailer, and everything clean in my Suburban. If you have a trailer and ATV, I would say get the Tahoe. If you will be hunting strictly with your truck and nothing else, I say get a Crew cab.

Crewcab truck dudebro. would trade my ext cab for one in a heart beat. plus you cant haull a load of wood or dirt in a tahoe. well you can but it would make a fucking mess. I wanted a tahoe at one point to but the guys on GMT400 talked me into an ecsb truck and i'm glad i listend. still would rather have a crew cab, but glad its not a 'hoe.

Honestly I have had both, and if I was a hunter there is no other way around the CCSB Z71. I love my Denali and the wife's Tahoe because we can pack all the kids stuff in it and go, but I would not want to hunt out of it. I will eventually get back into a truck (in a few years) once we don't have all the little kids stuff to tote around. It is nice having the interior room, but days at the beach and such are way easier in a CC truck (so hunting would be the same)

Do not hunt but went from a crew cab to my Yukon and I am still not happy about the switch.

I used to hunt in my OBS 4 dr yuk. a couple times i laid a tarp over the cargo area and put a deer on it. But I also keep the skins and stuff from them too so coolers were a no go.

1. Buy truck
3. Thank me later

this my 04 CC turns into a 2 person truck during hunting season between guns, ammo, waders and other radom hunting shit. My parents had a Suburban that we hunted out of a lot and we just threw down a tarp in the back but I would rather get a nice topper for my 04 than hunt out an SUV again.

Crew cab truck with under the rails toolbox to keep stuff out of the cab yet dry and safe. Having a bed is so much more versatile for hauling something tall or dirty or smelly.