Truck rides overloads all the time

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Not sure hwere this should go, so if needed move to correct section. My 1/2 2004 4wd crewcab rides on the over loads all the time it has done this since I got it with about 72-73,000 miles and it has 111,000 miles now. I just wondered if anyone elses truck sits like this also or are my springs just worn out? I just wondered if it is normal because I towed a 1/2 ton Ford on a heavy trailer and it barley squatted the truck, pic below, so I wouldn't think that they are worn out and my buddy has 2000 ECSB 2500 nonHD and his are the same way. I also couldn't believe the springs would be worn out on my 04 already because my 88 with 156,000 miles and had be overloaded ALOT, I tucked 265s hauling deck materials before and those springs are just fine.

truckstuff001.jpg

Last edited:
With a toolbox full and always moving tons of crap in the bed, my truck road the overloads the entire time, and my springs were bad, It made the ride in the rear really stiff.

Solution: 2500 hd springs

you mean you guys are riding on the bump stop rubber things ? because i have the same thing i have a loaded tool box and i throw a skid of some product in the back and it already on them most deliveries i do are only 15-30 mins away so i don't worry about it too much

you mean you guys are riding on the bump stop rubber things ? because i have the same thing i have a loaded tool box and i throw a skid of some product in the back and it already on them most deliveries i do are only 15-30 mins away so i don't worry about it too much

Overload springs... If you're on the bump stops there's an issue imo

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

My springs front and rear were all saggier than grandma's titties. My truck may not have a lot of miles, but she spent all of them leveled and being driven out in the fields. The quick bouncing up and down kills springs. So now I have GK bars in front and 2500 leafs out back and it rides and handles so much better

Overload springs... If you're on the bump stops there's an issue imo

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

well i do load the truck up pretty heavy but no i understand what you mean by overload springs now..... i have a friend that thinks its a good idea to put hockey pucks in between the overload spring and the other leafs to make it lift the truck 1" ....

EDIT: oh i forgot to put :canuck:

Last edited:
A buddy of mine trying to pull his mud truck with his Tacoma....had to end up using my 83 to pull it. Heavy as FUCK even with no motor....
Screenshot_2013-09-08-22-10-11.png

That's beyond riding the overloads and just over loaded, not to mention the weight distribution. The tongue weight must have been well over its rating...