07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
I've heard that if the drains are clogged, you can usually hear a gurgling sound from the A-pillar, and I can't hear anything. I'm leaning towards it being the fucked up linkage deal on the sunroof. At work now but when i get a chance I'll snap some pics to show what I'm talking aboit

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I'd bet money that's it. Especially with the amount of water you're talking about, it couldn't be the antenna or the 3rd brake light. Even at their worst you'd only get a little moisture near that area, you'd never get water leaking from the center of the headliner.

Now the question is (and maybe somebody has experience working on sunroof that can chime in, I hope) for you to fix and for me if I decide to get a sunroof truck, how hard is re-habing the sunroof?? I've talked to my dad about it if I buy a truck with one and he's never worked on one but he was thinking new seals and the cables shouldn't be too terrible. Have no idea and never even thought about those arms before

07sierraclassic

Mar 11, 2012
Buckley, WA
I'd bet money that's it. Especially with the amount of water you're talking about, it couldn't be the antenna or the 3rd brake light. Even at their worst you'd only get a little moisture near that area, you'd never get water leaking from the center of the headliner.

Now the question is (and maybe somebody has experience working on sunroof that can chime in, I hope) for you to fix and for me if I decide to get a sunroof truck, how hard is re-habing the sunroof?? I've talked to my dad about it if I buy a truck with one and he's never worked on one but he was thinking new seals and the cables shouldn't be too terrible. Have no idea and never even thought about those arms before

Yeah I think that the sunroof is where the leak is coming from, I just need to verify it. I know it's not the third brake light because of how I was parked. Water doesn't flow uphill so that rules that out. Here's how inwas parked when the fuckin flood in my trok happened last night

So I know that whatever is leaking is up from the doors at least

Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
I was going to suggest the drains, but it's been covered already

Mine has done this with a heavy rain. What would fix this, new brake light or what?
brake lights come with a seal attached, so a new one would be a good idea.