SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
My dads truck, 07 Classic Sierra sometimes doesnt recognize the front doors are open. He has amp steps and they will randomly not come down when he opens the door. I noticed his dome light comes on, but the key buzzer doesnt chime when the doors open sometimes. We tested it to see what it might be. We have replaced the amp step brain with no change. We just replaced the aftermarket radio harness thinking that might be it, nope. The truck wasnt touched whatsoever until he bought it so its not been tampered with.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Tricks to try? Its only the front two doors, if we open the rear it recognizes right away and drops the steps.

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
You should be able to do it in the truck but it would not hurt to take it out. You will do a better job that way

TechieTruckGuy

3.5 EcoHell
Apr 10, 2013
Bakersfield , CA
The door ajar switch in the lock actuators could be going bad. Could be the door harnesses. Could also be the bcm going bad.

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
The door ajar switch in the lock actuators could be going bad. Could be the door harnesses. Could also be the bcm going bad.

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd

i guess ill try to clean and lube the latch assembly then move on to replacing it.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

lubing did nothing

Last edited by a moderator:

THE Mook

Oct 16, 2014
Colorado
Which fuse is all this tied to?

I want to say it's fuse and/or relay related. I am no electrician for automotive however, or even a TechIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIWannabe

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
I had this SAME exact problem a few years ago with my drivers door. The radio would stay on unless I opened one of the other doors, dome light wouldn't turn on with drivers door, etc.
I tried cleaning it which seemed to barely do anything. It worked like two or three times, but then started acting up again. I ended up replacing the power lock actuator/door latch assembly and all been been fine ever since. Why they integrated the power lock, latch, and the door pin switch all into one unit is beyond me. If one of the three acts up you have to replace the whole assembly.

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
I had this SAME exact problem a few years ago with my drivers door. The radio would stay on unless I opened one of the other doors, dome light wouldn't turn on with drivers door, etc.
I tried cleaning it which seemed to barely do anything. It worked like two or three times, but then started acting up again. I ended up replacing the power lock actuator/door latch assembly and all been been fine ever since. Why they integrated the power lock, latch, and the door pin switch all into one unit is beyond me. If one of the three acts up you have to replace the whole assembly.

which he's ready to do, but its odd BOTH sides do it. Could both have gone bad? or is it a BCM issue.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

reading online a lot, people say the door switched on the latch go bad, they get dirty and it eats them up.

i cant imagine they cost a lot.

$150-200 each.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Just realized that this is in the wrong section.

Moved to the correct section. You had this in with the tech and how to articles :crazy:

sc0tt

Sep 10, 2015
BC
If it has or had an aftermarket alarm, that would tie into the door trigger wires off the bcm. Could be a shitty connection there?