06_LowTie

HID+
Apr 2, 2013
Bear, Delaware, United States
Ok so before i even hear shit about it i know its a V6 and it doesn't have any bawls anyway but it still feels like it loses power from time to time when im driving, but heres the problems... sometimes when i go to start it up it acts like it doesn't have any fuel going in and takes longer to start, i noticed some times when i have around a quarter tank it starts to sputter when i step on the gas likes its running out of fuel, when im taking off from a red light or a stop in general sometimes the rpm goes pretty high before it shifts. Theres also been a couple times that i've stepped on the gas pretty hard and it just stays in that same gear till it maxes out then shifts last minute...

what could this be?

First off any check engine lights?

sounds like it could be the fuel pump taking a shit, when it feels more sluggish does it have less then a half a tank?

see the gas in the tank is what cools the pump, so when you run the truck low on gas often, it can tend to get very hot and take away the life.

when the pump gets to a certain point it isnt gonna put out as much pressure. and the truck will starve a little bit for fuel under heavy throttle because it cant put enought pressure there fast enough.

plus if it is hesitant to start its fuel pump, My gf's nnbs had a faulty pump from the factory and would turn over a lot longer before starting.

06_LowTie

HID+
Apr 2, 2013
Bear, Delaware, United States
no check engine lights, and it feels sluggish whenever it wants to, i can have a full tank and it still feels the same way at times. You might be dead on with the pump because it has been doing the whole fuel light thing when i still have gas in the tank. Truck just hit 104k and its still the original pump.

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
mine did something similar when my fuel pump started to go, then when i was driving one morning it started to sputter and drop rpms badly, then i made it to the orileys across the street from my work and pushed it into a parking spot :lol:

if its still driving decent, order one online and have it expedited. take it easy on the thing so you dont kill it before it gets here. that's what i'd do. I was lucky enough to score a walbro off a buddy of mine but i just paid a shop to put it in bc i didnt have time to mess with it due to work and school. and didnt want my truck parked overnight anywhere other than my house.

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
Mine does the same thing or even after driving normal it'll lose pressure shut down. Mornings it'll spin over about 5 times and once it finally starts it smells like raw fuel

GR$$N$

Super Moderator
Mar 13, 2012
southern cali
change your fuel filter first. like 15 bucks. if that doesnt help then its the pump. and make sure to do a gm pump only. no offbrand shit unless you want to pull your tank out to do it several times down the road

Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
it has no what

bawls_guarana.jpg

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
I think this is why my truck has no bawls as well, not my 37inch tires and stock gears or anything.

my truck needs a fuel pump so based on what I read in this thread could it be that my truck has some sluggishness to it that I haven't noticed because of my fuel pump ? cause I mean my trucks slow but I just assumed that's because tires