Transmission Trouble. Need Help.

ckfarrell32

Just got sharted
Jan 5, 2011
DFWTX
Well I have been having a lot of transmission trouble and today it finally shit out on me. I literally know nothing about transmissions so any insight is valued. Basically, lately when I drive the truck after my first startup for the day I can feel the transmission grind from about 20-40 mph, but once I get through it, everything runs fine. I was going to get it checked soon as I haven't had time to do much lately but now I'm really screwed. I was driving my truck down the highway and whenever my gears shifted, something became disconnected or broke loose because now none of the gears will engage. Truck turns on and idles fine. I can put it in drive, reverse, or M1-6 and nothing engages. Its just like I'm in neutral. Engine revs, but nothing. I have a 6L80E trans with a 3600 stall. Its a beefy transmission as you all know so I don't know why the hell I'm having these problems. Please help.

Sent from R. Kelly's closet.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty screwed. Hopefully I can find some useful information on here (maybe someone who had a similar problem) before I take it to a transmission shop and they buttfuck me out of all of my money because I know nothing about transmissions.

Yeah I'm pretty screwed. Hopefully I can find some useful information on here (maybe someone who had a similar problem) before I take it to a transmission shop and they buttfuck me out of all of my money because I know nothing about transmissions.

If you have warranty left a lot of shops will still do the work even though you have done some mods. The dealers just want to make money bottom line and could care less that you modded cause GM is paying the bill.

I say try to get it covered under warranty. The worse you're out is diag fees and them telling you they can't do it.

Last edited: