tires? ground clearance? 5/7 NBS ECSB oem 20's

Boston

Dec 27, 2013
I have been searching and lurking and checking out some damn nice trucks on this site but still have some questions.

My '02 NBS ECSB 2WD is currently lowered 3/4 with coils and hangers/shackles. I am running Tahoe 20's.

I want to go lower but wondering what clearance will be like underneath if I add spindles up front for total of 5 and change back to stock hangers/shackles and a flip/notch out back for 7.

Also, what are you NBS guys with a 5/7 drop running for tires on oem 20's.

I know I could go 4/6 but afraid of wanting it lower. I have always been a static guy and not ready for bags.

Ok- so dropped crossmember- I can section the one I have. I have helper bags already. Anyone with a line on spindles, flip, notch? I will post a pic when home so you can see what I am starting with..

Ok- so dropped crossmember- I can section the one I have. I have helper bags already. Anyone with a line on spindles, flip, notch? I will post a pic when home so you can see what I am starting with..

Mcg notch. 16" spindles, mcg flip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Please for the love of god get the 16+ spindle. I get bitched around on a bumpy highway and it is NOT fun

I have a pic that I just took as it was getting dark but cannot get it to upload... I will keep trying and get some better up after progress is made.

If ya know of any McG Spindles, flip or Notch for sale used, let me know. I need to dig around and see if I can find the original hangers and shackles.

Happy New Year.

IMO 4/6 is beat for daily. I tow freqently and it works perfect in my cc. Def get 16" spindles

255/50r20 works better for rim fit meant an doesn't rub, my 275/45 rubbed.

I much more enjoyed driving at 4/6 than I do at 5/8...and I run coilovers! The ride is better, WAY less bumpsteer, but it's incredibly low for my area (I knew this going into it) and it hinders certain places I can go! 4/6-4/7 is perfect. Stay there.

Coming from somebody that dailys 5.5/9.5 I would say stay around 4/7 on an ecsb if your roads are bad at all, our roads are horrible here so it makes it tough to be so low with such a long truck

Well then, I will go with mcgaughys 4/6 with the 16+ spindles. just need to find me some stock front hangers first and then get the kit. Best price for the 4/6 kit was on ePay to include shocks for $628. shipped.

Thanks again all and stay tuned.