Time to scrape my frame

FreeWilly!

Mar 27, 2012
I am tired of how the shit wax that GM put on the frames when they were assembled. Even being here in California I still am dealing with the frame flaking. I'm wondering how to go about this, would it be best to use a stripper and get most of the coating off that way then wire wheel if need be? From there what paint should I use? I was looking into Stone Shield :canuck: but not too sure if that's the way I want to go or spend $13-$14 a can either.

I'm looking for a low gloss solution, similar to the finish of the crap GM put on when it was brand new but something with vastly better durability.

Used Heavy duty degreaser with a wire wheel and a torch... Killed it with fire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

u cant flapper wheel it off either...shit gets hot and just smears

i ended up scraping and wiping it off when cody n I did my notch

Sounds like I have the bascis down for how to remove it. But now what to pant it with?

i painted mine with basic rusoleum brush on paint, check out ITguys thread, he followed the way i did mine and it turned out nice. only people who have it nicer are corny and bgray, but they used that stone sheild.

I'll check into that. I am trying to see about getting some Stone Shield like they did but depending on cost that my or may not be an option. I know both bgray and Cornell say it's worth it.

For the guys that have already stripped and painted their frames, how much time did you have in the removal of the old wax? Unfortunately my truck is my DD and only vehicle so I was wondering would it be best to do it a side at a time or some other way.