Thrashed, Daily Drug, Discolored, Ugly Black Plastic Love...Solution Finish Adventure

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
I'd been watching the "Solution Finish" Black restorer on Facebook Etc. a while. It seemed too good to be true. But Detailed Image had a good sale, so I figured Id give it a shot since my dads Avy always looks trashed. I gave it a try on my truck just for fun. My trucks always been cleaned well and dressed with SVRT or SCG Pro Trim dressing. The truck was washed. The plastics wiped with denatured alcohol, and Ill let the pictures speak for themselves. I just did the big items on this go round. but I assure you, everything black will see this now.

Last couple pics are after going down a gravel road, not even buffing it down. Its not a greasy or wet shine. The coating is acceptable to dress over the top of after being applied (after a wash etc if necessary). I am VERY impressed with this stuff. My valance was COVERED in bugs and road grime the other day and rinsed right back to the rich black. My plastics have never looked this good. I saw mention of releasing a sealant for the plastics as well soon. Just figured Id pass this along guys!

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Hmm, looks like a great turn around. Glad you mentioned that it wasn't greasy, I hate that texture. In for durability results.

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
[MENTION=697]Big Tex[/MENTION] it's widely available. Mines been on almost 2 weeks. Dirt roads, rain etc. Very pleased so far. Going to wash it in the next few days and will post more pics.

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
I just bought two 4 oz samples of Black Pearl since I was tired of my dressing always running down the paint when it rained. In for the long term results as well. Black Pearl has promised 6 mo. so next time I come home and do the winter prep on the truck im gonna throw it up against the NE winter

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
I just bought two 4 oz samples of Black Pearl since I was tired of my dressing always running down the paint when it rained. In for the long term results as well. Black Pearl has promised 6 mo. so next time I come home and do the winter prep on the truck im gonna throw it up against the NE winter

You mean the carpro perl? If so I have that too lol

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
[MENTION=1853]DeanH1290[/MENTION] I have the SCG Pro tire and trim dressings. They both do well. But this isn't a dressing. Basically restired the rich/even finish. I will continue using the SCG to maintain it.