The road to 4wd...

Chop chop
1411558408.jpg

Keeping all of this
1411558443.jpg

Chunking this. So if for some reason someone wants something from here and is local, come get it. Or if you wanna pay for making it worth my while to box up and ship ill do that too. Will be gone friday. Nothing worth a fuck IMO unless you needed the bumper mounts, just figure id put it out there.
1411558436.jpg

..Pass side diff mount. From what I can tell from looking at the cognito kit, the only mount I'll need to put on my truck. The rest of the diff should mount off the lift. Can anyone confirm?
1411084796.jpg

Confirmed. You will use the Passenger side mount using original diff bolts and frame bolts, and attach a new Cognito bracket [comes with fresh hardware], dropping the diff to the necessary height. The diff will have another bracket you will attach with four of the original housing bolts which will align with a new mount provided by the Cognito rear-diff crossmember. The third mounting point on the diff [front] will be directly bolted to a functional skidplate, using one of the original diff bolts.

Hit me up, I for any info on front end / cognito lift... I suddenly became very familiar with it lol.

Last edited:
Different
1411084818.jpg

You would be chopping this cross member off completely off anyway. I marked a red line where the cut is made and cross member is removed. The passenger side simply bolts in. The Cognito rear-diff cross member will use the existing LCA holes + you may need to drill a hole though the frame for another anchor point for differential on the drivers side. Shouldn't be much of an issue for you.
cut_zpsc418f8a8.gif

This looks like fun! Wish I could help haha! Good luck!

Last edited:
So far I already have/bought/waiting on to show up...

-Front diff/mounts
-Transfer case
-TCM
-4WD switch
-4WD tail housing/gasket
-4WD output shaft/nut
-Pump rub kit
-T-case brace
-Front/rear driveshafts

Still need to Buy/do

-Cut one hole in the frame, have dad machine me a piece of pipe the right size, then ill weld it in.
-Harness(Ben is working on it)
-New CV's... any recomindations? the ones i have have 180K on them and would rather not use them. Cheapo oreilly ones do ok?
-U joints - spicer
-Bushing kit for the front diff, cant get one of them out of the frame plus id like it to have new bushings
-Cognito 4-6
-TranSynd
-Spin on filter

Thats all i can think of for now... Gonna try and buy the rest of the stuff in the next couple of weeks.. Should be done working 12's around november. Im wanting to get all of this stuff done by feburary. Wont have as much garage time once the baby comes:insane2:

The cardone set sucks. Well, they aren't terrible new, don't buy reman! I want to say napa has good cv, but can't recall since it's been so long since I've had a 4x4.

Because I don't want the truck that big. And the ifs will be strong enough for the very few times I may use it.

Well ive made a little headway. Pops machined me a sleeve for the front pass diff bushing, and the solid sleeve for my jig. Got the hole cut and sleeve welded in. Got the bushings in, knocked the studs out of the bracket and stuck 5/8" bolts in it since those studs wouldnt fit in with the oil pan in the way.

1413302329.jpg

1413302332.jpg

Ghetto jig
1413302339.jpg

1413302365.jpg

1413302361.jpg

Holes drilled
1413302224.jpg

1413302253.jpg

1413302255.jpg

1413302278.jpg

1413302286.jpg

Wiring harness will be here Monday. I should have everything I need to install the Transfercase and still be able to drive the truck. All I lack is new cv axles and the 4-6 cognito. Haven't ordered them yet. But going over it all in my head I think I have everything needed for the tcase install.

Put in the pump rub kit yesterday, and half ass cleaned up the transfer case and front diff. Plan on cleaning them up some more and painting the axle tube today.

1413539964.jpg

1413540741.jpg

1413539971.jpg

1413539978.jpg