DemoN

Mar 22, 2012
Im running low on detailing supplies and need to restock:

Truck soap
Detail Spray
Microfibers (for paint and for wheel polishing)
Trim and wheel cleaner (like VRT)
Applicator for Trim and wheel cleaner
0000000300.png

New single stage liquid wax.

link me the new hot shit, fellas

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
sub'd, I need pads, I hear Lake Country is where it's at. Got my machine, just got to start off somewhere small, gonna jack your thread to cut down needles threads!

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
ive yet to try out my acrylic sealant but the hydroseal worked very great, so im assuming the acrylic is straight bawse. been waiting for it to cool down and now that it is, i need to do a full correction, but so far, impressed with all of the scg products so i'll x2 to sam's post. i do have other brands that i will continue to use that have different purposes but the scg pricepoint is hard to beat right now for what you're getting

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Im running low on detailing supplies and need to restock:

Truck soap
Detail Spray
Microfibers (for paint and for wheel polishing)
Trim and wheel cleaner (like VRT)
Applicator for Trim and wheel cleaner
0000000300.png

New single stage liquid wax.

link me the new hot shit, fellas

Sealants IMO are superior to a carnuba wax. Carnuba's just don't last long enough for a daily driver. Plus i prefer the sharp clean lines of the Sealant over the warm glow of a Wax.

I LOVE Wolfgang paint sealant 3.0. However I have heard amazing things from SCG new acrylic sealant..which I will be trying out.
autogeek_2269_9173672

acrylic_shield_paint_sealant.png

Lots of great soaps out there, Im partial to Adams shapoo. It seems to work the best for me in my foam Cannon..but results vary from washer to water quality alot with foam cannons.

adamscarwash1gal.jpg

V07 Detailer/sealant from chemical guys is an amazing product. It doesnt offer much in the way of cleaning agent, but is a great product to use after a fresh wash. Brings back the amazing feel of a fresh seal. I personally use cheaper detail sprays from a bunch of companys to get bugs off the front end, then follow that with V07

hybridv7n.jpg

I urge you to check out SHINE SUPPLY, Your #1 Source For Detailing Supplies also for some products. Great owner, great products, and pretty cheap pricing. I use there polishes for the first time recently, and was blown away.

sub'd, I need pads, I hear Lake Country is where it's at. Got my machine, just got to start off somewhere small, gonna jack your thread to cut down needles threads!

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
The only polishes I have ever used are the Adams 3 step and then the newer 2 step correction and finishing polishes. I use them on my HF DA polisher with the CG hex logic pads.
For tire and trim shine, I like the Adams SVRT, but it's too damn expensive for me. I find that the Chemical Guys VRP dressing is almost the same. It's way cheaper, but it's a bit more glossy. If you put too much on it will shine like a silicone based dressing. So I only put one coat or I wipe it down some after applying it.
I like the Stoner Trim shine for hard to reach black plastics like the grill or wiper cowl, and the engine compartment too. It's an aerosol spray trim shine that is not greasy once it dries. It's nearly identical to the Adams In & Out spray, but for about half the price. For soap, I use Adams car shampoo. For APC, I use Adams APC, but I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative that works just as good and isn't a strong caustic chemical that will burn my skin and lungs.
The CG APC that I tried was too caustic, even after diluting it. I will be trying the SCG APC soon.
As far as wax, the only one I have used is Meguirs Gold Class (parts store version which isn't the best) and Adams Machine Sealant, and Adams Buttery wax. I haven't tried any other brands yet because I still have a good bit of the Adams stuff left and I have no complaints about it. But when I run out, I'll be trying other brands.

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
That WGDGPS 3.0 foking hnnngggggg.
I'm going to throw down duragloss aquawax for detail spray.
Can't lie, Adams has good shampoo.
Tire and trim- gal of CG VRP

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
That WGDGPS 3.0 foking hnnngggggg.
I'm going to throw down duragloss aquawax for detail spray.
Can't lie, Adams has good shampoo.
Tire and trim- gal of CG VRP

Adams shampoo before secret dilution was good. Now its watery as fuck, already diluted beyond usable means because they adjusted formulas. Look it up on their own forums, its watery.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Can't comment on Adams new formula as all of mine is older I believe. I really like the Adams shampoo I have, however, when I finally get the extra coin to buy more detailing supplies I'm going to get some more SCG. It foams just as good and in some people's opinions better than Adams. Like I said, I was happy with my Adams but after using the SCG it's definitely no slouch!
1d87b82b295b12a72471483189a02ae5.jpg

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
I agree on all the SCG stuff. I just use cheap dollar store sponges for applicators on tires/trim. I just got lake country pads because I saw where had the best review for water based polishes. Do the hex logics soak up much polish?

all the pads i have found to soak up around the same, thats part of the reason you hit them up with detail spray is to keep them from assobing the polish, as well as the lub places that dont have polish on them, and finally to try to keep some of the dusting down depending on the product.

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
all the pads i have found to soak up around the same, thats part of the reason you hit them up with detail spray is to keep them from assobing the polish, as well as the lub places that dont have polish on them, and finally to try to keep some of the dusting down depending on the product.

you usually wont have to use mist if you prime the pad fully.

DemoN

Mar 22, 2012
Can't comment on Adams new formula as all of mine is older I believe. I really like the Adams shampoo I have, however, when I finally get the extra coin to buy more detailing supplies I'm going to get some more SCG. It foams just as good and in some people's opinions better than Adams. Like I said, I was happy with my Adams but after using the SCG it's definitely no slouch!
1d87b82b295b12a72471483189a02ae5.jpg

i want a foam gun bad.