suggest a tire for the CRV

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
For some reason, the shit tires that came new on my wife's CRV decided that 25k miles was enough. Admittedly, she never rotated them, but the car has only had 4 oil changes and right at 25k miles, mostly highway as she works from home and we use it for travelling.

The front two have a decent amount left, and I rotated them the last oil change since she had neglected to for so long. But I think I will replace all 4, don't want to spend money on a tire that doesn't last.

I'm a fan of Michelin, and had them on our old Corolla, and my truck now.

Suggestions?

Let one of the Shreveport guys know if you decide to go with Tirerack. Their warehouse is in Shreveport. Could save you some money on shipping if someone picked them up for you.

True, didn't think about that, one of the tires I looked at came from there, $60 shipping, could use that on mount and balance

They make you pay sales tax though if you pick up. 9.75% is the sales tax in Louisiana. So add that to your total to figure out how much you would actually save.

225/65r17?

Michelin Defenders. Hands down, no fucking around.

I have bridge stone dueler HL on my red truck, they sucked huge horsedick in the ran. I do not reccommend to my customers now. For the price there OK at best.

Defenders have 145,000km warranty and class leader for performance.

wife is buying...not me, her car! But either way, I don't want to spend a fortune. I actually found two used tires for now so that I can get more life and then order something better. We'll see if the dude comes through

Defenders have a longer tread wear warranty. If I were towing with the cRV i would go with latitude tours because they are meant specifically for SUV and CUVS that carry occasional load. If you never do, the defender will last longer, and better in snow(if that ever happens). both are whisper quiet, I have latitude tour hp's on my summer wheels and they are awesome in rain and super quiet.