Subwoofer and amplifiers explained?

sometimes, some things are better left to the professionals, especially if you have little desire to research beforehand.

Now, I know you are now, and we are giving you sound advice, but I have a feeling you aren't fully understanding and taking what we are telling you into consideration.

First I would buy something that is at least half-way decent. Wire it up properly, have a box built for it, and enjoy it.

Go have it installed by a professional and maybe start asking some questions and pay attention. Maybe hang out there for an afternoon and learn some stuff. Make sure you buy something or have them install it so your not wasting their time talking to you.

Ditch the LOC and just get a new HU. You can get a low level pioneer DD for ~$300 if you shop around.

You won't really ever get good sound or performance from a stock HU with no pre-amps. And generally a LOC runs all sound through a system, not just the lows, since its using your door speaker signal.

I bought my pioneer 80prs for a little over $300... you should be able to find a decent low end deck installed for aroumd $150

I forget which model mine was. AV6500D or something. It was the cheapest pioneer double din best buy had at the time. Right $330 I paid. Had a lot of features and good screen clarity. Need to start looking for another for the obs. Oem radio is about to shit the bed.

I'd rather overpower a sub than underpower it.... My SA 10 is rated for 600rms and I give it 1100.

I forget which model mine was. AV6500D or something. It was the cheapest pioneer double din best buy had at the time. Right $330 I paid. Had a lot of features and good screen clarity. Need to start looking for another for the obs. Oem radio is about to shit the bed.

Best buy ftw, got my AVIC940BT for $270, was a display but they cover all the DDs at my local one so the screen had hours but was basically never touched and I still got a full warranty.

People talk shit about the big box stores but ive always loved best buy. The installer at my local store is super nice and always talks me through things.

People talk shit about the big box stores but ive always loved best buy. The installer at my local store is super nice and always talks me through things.

my friend had his whole system installed and tuned in his jetta by one of the system guys at best buy ....he went back like 10 times to get it fixed .....then sold the car
depends what best-buy you go too i guess