Hunter.

fotfive'dpokinoutdaside
Mar 13, 2012
North Carolina
I've pressure washed most of the paint off my dash but around the outer edges I'm having a hard time removing it. Are there any chemicals that can eat it off or make it easier to remove?

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I used thinner yesterday on mine based off of recommendtion from the nbs interior thread. It said to let it soak for 1-2min then wipe it away with soapy water to keep it from turning it white.

Long story short, no matter what I did it still 'bleached' it white. Mine is currently in primer because of that. I would just recommend keeping at it with water/picking it with your fingers man.

Hunter.

fotfive'dpokinoutdaside
Mar 13, 2012
North Carolina
Most 03+ dashes I've seen have peeling problems, my dad's 04' was peeling before it had even 75k miles and it was less than 4 years old at the time. I've been using my nails, I put some acetone on it and whiped it off fast and it still made it white, not doing that anymore. I'll try the goo gone.

Hunter.

fotfive'dpokinoutdaside
Mar 13, 2012
North Carolina
dash011.jpg

dash015.jpg

other junk I'm painting that's peeling
dash014.jpg

Hunter.

fotfive'dpokinoutdaside
Mar 13, 2012
North Carolina
It looked horrible before, looked like someone painted straight over where it was peeling without scuffing or sanding or anything, just spot spraying.