Static NBS Thread 99-07c

when I dropped mine to 6" I could not turn lock to lock on my 20's and 275/45, my fender and tires can prove it, it was like trying to turn an old "boat" of a car with no powersteering. It sucked, and was stupid and not worth it. I ripped a fender and gouged my wheels just in my neighborhood. And peyton wasn't tubbed? I could of swore he said he was.

he was mini tubbed at the time he was that low static on 24s.
We cut and beat and made it work, however it rubbed like a mofo turning or not turning. Ripped out all the inner fenders also. not but a couple months later it was bagged.

Was not ideal at all but it could still be turned.

yall think i will run into issues putting my 5/7 drop on this weekend with the stock 255/70/16 tires??? on a 2000 sierra rcsb

you're gonna rub. But not bad, just hit liners on big dips and stuff. I drove around on 5/7 with 245/70/17s for a long time with just -2 camber front. only rubbed big dips

Does anyone run qa1 coilovers up front? Are they cheaper than ridetechs? Velzga what drop does your truck have? it looks very nice.

Does anyone run qa1 coilovers up front? Are they cheaper than ridetechs? Velzga what drop does your truck have? it looks very nice.

QA1's, or any other twin-tube design shock, is going to deliver sub par performance compared to a mono like the ride tech.

Not to mention I just broke a QA1 shock last year. Damping couldn't handle the weight of my truck at the level I had it set at and blew itself apart.

245/45 don't look like baby tires if your slammed. If your low they still fill out the wheel wells nice. You could also go 275/40 which are almost exactly the same size sidewall height, just wider width obvi. I went 245/45 nitro 420s cause the price is much less than the same tire in a 275/40

cant cuz mexi...NASTY speed bumps on a lane I HAVE to take to cross border...If Im riding solo, im fine but if i have 1 passenger, my ORY scrapes bad. I need front air :cheeky: