Static NBS Thread 99-07c

Havent ran that setup but 295/45s are only roughly 3/4" taller than 275/45s so you wont have any rubbing issues height wise at 3/5..the only thing I could possibly see you having rubbing with would be the width depending on the offset/width of the wheels you are going to run..probably still wont be any issues though imo

After all my searching I can't find anyone with the setup I want to run, so ill ask. I have a 4x4 06 rcsd torsion bar truck, gonna run 3" djm a arms and flip kit with 1" lift shackles for a 3/5 drop. Has anyone run 295/45/20's? And do they rub? My truck sits high from the factory to begin with. 275/45's look a bit small on trucks with ss cladding.......anyone?

depending on your offset, you will rub width wise. i rubbed something major with a 285/35/22, but the offset was whack

Just do a 275 45 20. Guaranteed no rubbing and when you want to go lower (which you will) you can go all the way to 5/8 on that tire.

Best set up is 4/6 imo.

Do 275 45 20 and de crank your torsion bars so you have 4" of drop and see how you like it. Nice thing about 4x4's is if you don't like how low it is, you can crank it back up.

4/6 275 45
a5yzadam.jpg

Last edited:
↑↑ that does look badass. Ill be running stock ss 20's. Truck is gonna be awd, got the t case and diff from an ss so I was worried about the cv angles with a 4/6. I saw a truck a few pages back that sat perfect. Silver sierra on ss 20's with the 275/45's. Guess ill just run those. They do look perfect for that low imo.

*edit, the truck I saw is khaos. Apparently he runs general grabber uhp. Anyone know if they hook well. I don't make a ton of power but did a ls6 swap and maggie. Only about 450hp but my eagle ls2 dont hook for shit.

Last edited:
I was hoping for low 500's then cam and pulley down for 600 lol. Oh well, luckily got the motor for free with 30k miles so I really can't complain haha.

Lmao, I totalled my 05 ctsv. Second time out in the rain and I hydroplaned. Bought it back from insurance and parted it out. Did pretty good and kept the motor lol.

↑↑ that does look badass. Ill be running stock ss 20's. Truck is gonna be awd, got the t case and diff from an ss so I was worried about the cv angles with a 4/6. I saw a truck a few pages back that sat perfect. Silver sierra on ss 20's with the 275/45's. Guess ill just run those. They do look perfect for that low imo.

*edit, the truck I saw is khaos. Apparently he runs general grabber uhp. Anyone know if they hook well. I don't make a ton of power but did a ls6 swap and maggie. Only about 450hp but my eagle ls2 dont hook for shit.

Yep, that's me, thanks for the compliments.

They hook alright, but that I have a basically stock 4.8, not a boosted LS6 :rofl: I like them, the have a lower treadwear rating so they will wear faster. Haven't taken it to the strip yet to see how it hooks, but they should hook fairly well.

I went with them because I was on somewhat of a budget and I wanted a set of dedicated summer tires. Overall I've been very pleased with them.

you are prob gonna rub lower than a 4/6 on 275/45
in youre going 5/7 or lower i would go 275/40 or 245/45 which are the same size sidewall height
I run 245/45 on tahoe 20s at 5/7 and never rub

you are prob gonna rub lower than a 4/6 on 275/45
in youre going 5/7 or lower i would go 275/40 or 245/45 which are the same size sidewall height
I run 245/45 on tahoe 20s at 5/7 and never rub

I don't think ill end up going that low. I like khaos' truck stance a lot. Ill probably get mine there and call it good.

On a side note I see you like Denise Milani lol also live in ftw. I am in north ftw near heritage trace just a bit south.

I don't think ill end up going that low. I like khaos' truck stance a lot. Ill probably get mine there and call it good.

On a side note I see you like Denise Milani lol also live in ftw. I am in north ftw near heritage trace just a bit south.

yea i love titties haha
i live near that area as well

Juan I love the truck bro.... I plan to be lower than 6.5/8 but only after I go coils front & back and bodydrop this thing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2