Special package 07 gmc sierra

Yourkiddin

Oct 22, 2020
Im trying to find out information on my truck. I see other Sierra with sle emblems. But mine has no emblems. And I seem to have a hard time finding parts at parts store. It has 20in rims from the factory. I was told my suspension is different from other trucks same year and model. Im wanting to know how many of these trucks was made. I've only seen 1 other in my travels.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Which body style do you have? The 07-13, or 07 Classic, which was the last hurrah for the 99-06 body style?

Also, if you could post photos and any other details about your truck that would be helpful as well. I'm genuinely curious about this.

Yourkiddin

Oct 22, 2020
Which body style do you have? The 07-13, or 07 Classic, which was the last hurrah for the 99-06 body style?

Also, if you could post photos and any other details about your truck that would be helpful as well. I'm genuinely curious about this.
Mine is the 07 classic. The most awsome front end ever.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Ok, so here's what's up with your situation.

In 2007, GM released the GMT-900 platform. That's the truck that ran from 07-13. Your truck, the 07 Classic (which is a better truck imo) is chassis code GMT-800, and is ACTUALLY just an 06, but they ran production of the GMT-800 into 07 as most manufacturers do to use up their parts stockpile and make money off of it. AKA "Parts bin truck."

SL, SLE, and SLT are GMC trim levels. SL being base trim, SLE is mid level, and SLT would be top. SLT has all of the nicest options available to it.

Your suspension is "different" than other 07 trucks because your truck is a Classic GMT-800, not a GM-900.

Point is, search for parts for a 2006 Sierra when you're looking for stuff.

Reactions: Huck
and like Pat said its the better truck you will find out. the stuff that would be different based of SLE, SL and SLT is just option package, those dont effect anything parts wise as long as your smart enough to realize that you have for example an push button transfer case vs a floor shifter transfer case.

almost everything 05-06 will fit your truck as well. then it gets murky once you go earlier.