s3gulit

Mar 9, 2011
So figured i'd start a build thread, been a work in progress but here's the up-to-current status.

Started off with a clean build RCSB, Prev. Owner works at Lingenfelter Performance and this was one of his many fun vehicles. Had another child and needed to release one for a larger family vehicle. Was possibly the best documented builds i've bought. Motor was rebuilt by LPE with CNC'd heads also from LPE. Larger titanium valves, BTR double springs, titanium seats and retainers were used and the flow numbers are great. (Got flowbench sheets, milling sheets, deck height, etc. etc.).

Setup when purchased was a SBE Rebuilt 5.3, comp custom grind cam, ls2 ported oil pump, longtubes, progressive nitrous controller, 15lb bottle with -6 feed, enough jets to satisfy anyone up to a fogger kit, rpm 60e built trans, on a 4/6 djm drop on repop 20" tahoe wheels.

As it sat when purchased
IMG_3490_zpsxgntm8ef.jpg

IMG_3537_zpsh4czlc2l.jpg

IMG_3546_zpskh9esyah.jpg

IMG_3544_zpscjeceeuv.jpg

IMG_3547_zpsrvjhcjxn.jpg

IMG_3543_zpsef88huhe.jpg

IMG_3540_zpsqntbi0qh.jpg

So began the calling and research phase, talked to a lot of notable street race guys. All of which were a huge help with pros/cons i never thought of...ended up with the following:

SO began the parts arrivals, DBRods Fuel Cell, Trick manifold, Precision Turbo, Coilover swap, ART strongarms, etc. So winter 2013-14 build was on. Here's what pics i've managed to find.

IMG_0092_zps3omjvtqn.jpg

IMG_0091_zpscu9a1eqv.jpg

IMG_0065_zps6xwldqz9.jpg

IMG_0089_zps9r4uydvk.jpg

IMG_0093_zpsburhn5kn.jpg

IMG_0094_zpswxuy7jy6.jpg

So got to work stripping the truck of all parts on the motor. Ran the 60e still. Lot of time but in short, -4 oil feed tapped from the blank oil cooler plate above oil filter, custom intercooler piping, ran dual W/G's for last year but since changed (mention more later).

Random assembly pics, didn't plan on a build thread so these are what i had. Taking more pics now as i was convinced to make build thread lol.

IMG_0110_zpssrv0eiaa.jpg

IMG_4389_zpspqjcho71.jpg

IMG_0101_zpsusnovukf.jpg

IMG_0106_zpsnvjsloiy.jpg

IMG_4391_zps960nqtzl.jpg

IMG_0105_zpspsa66mnl.jpg

IMG_0102_zpsqxunbblt.jpg

IMG_4390_zpstgicifjf.jpg

At this point i don't have pictures really during install... lots of random welding, pie cuts, assortment of bends, FRUSTRATION, ANGER, CONFUSION, all involved lol. I'll snap finished pics tomorrow.

SO we'll jump ahead to getting 15x10's with 6.75" backspace installed on a disc brake rear. Starting on brand new S10 calipers because of the banjo bolt location, i marked the calipers and hung the wheels and started seeing where i needed to go.

Started with this
m1oV-PUfwfMF1IFUCHgZMMA.jpg

...many many flapdiscs on a 4.5" grinder later, repetitive grind for awhile, reinstall caliper and repaint with marking compound, spin wheel, repeat i ended up with calipers that cleared!
IMG_0050_zpse7hukuti.jpg

IMG_0057_zpsvysi6bxe.jpg

After misc. plumbing hookups this is how it sat for the summer of 2014 on my Boyd Timeless 6's.

IMG_0391_zps81670379.jpg

Last edited:

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
That thing is sick! Looked so good in that first picture. Can't wait to see further progress! Love me a 99-02 with a tahoe grille aswell.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

s3gulit

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks dudes, was busy at work today but will get pics up asap of everything atm. Trying to get all of my winter 14-15 pics organized for bulk upload as well and then that will get me updated to current. Should be less than 24hrs and i'll drop another post with tons of info.

s3gulit

Mar 9, 2011
Got to the track last night, still working out delay issues on the transbrake vs boost controller, wanted to see what it would do foot brake first on a few runs to establish a base run and add all variables from there (2 step, progressive boost, transbrake, etc).

Unfortunately, it's rained for like 6 weekends in a row and everyone and their mother was at the track for TnT and i was late showing up, included the diesel bro's that ruined any prep put down. Had a nice transbrake launch on the 3rd and final run but busted the tires loose on the 1-2shift from getting late and humidity setting in.

11 6.2

Mar 27, 2012
Wow, very nice build!!!
I ways go to the TNT in the middle of the week because it's normally the old fast race cars here then.