Some 5/7 drop questions on my nbs scsb

Slammed2000

Jun 10, 2013
Ok I have a 2000 silverado scsb, it already has a belltech 3/4 drop, a 2 inch drop spindle up front and a one inch drop spring up front, and out back it has both front and rear shackles and a c notch, I'm wanting to go down to a 5/7, I was thinking a belltech 3 inch drop spring up front and a belltech drop leaf spring, but I have some questions and I was hoping you guys could help me out, will my 275/40/20 tires rub?? I don't think they rub at all right now. Also what shock would you recommend for the front?? Should I use shock extenders for the rear? And what are some other problems I may run into?? Thank you guys and appreciate any feedback, here's a pic of how it sits now also (sorry if I missed a post on this stuff already)

That tire would work. How about coilovers? You get a good drop, good shock and way less bumpsteer. I have very little.

I'm not familiar with drop leafs. Very few people run them. Adjusted swears his rode great. I think Tim @ suspensiononline stated they are great. Email him. I do remember him saying most don't run them because the cost to ship is expensive.

Last edited:
My old setup consisted of 3" BT springs and 2" mcg 16" spindles. There's a writeup for the spindle. Rear was DJM flip, notch, and shackles. Didnt sit 8"due to the shocks being for a 4" drop. Rode good to me, very little bumpsteer and also raise your transmission xmember and y-pipe. Was always fun to scrape and people's faces. Oh and tires are perfect for that drop. Might have to notch your bed for the pumpkin but it's not a lot to cut out. Hope that helps.

Sent through an underground drug tunnel of Tijuana

Yea helps a lot thanks guys!!!! A lot more help than the other other forum I posted this in!!!

Just do a flip kit in the back which gives it 6 inches with stock hangers and 1 inches drop shackle

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

what he said ^

add some helpers and youre good to go. I run 2" McG 17s and 3" McG springs but slapped a 1" spacer in there for a 4" drop. Rear is flip kit and helpers. on 275/40/20 up front and I rub the upper fender when the suspension compresses a lot, but Im a crew cab so its heavier. Should be fine on a rcsb with 5" up front

Wondering if I could get some help.

Have an 05 sierra 1500, 2wd, 4dr short bed.

Wanting to do a 3/5 on it. But I have some doubts it'll work with the 305/75/22 rims I have. Any insight on this. Also if ya'll have suggestions on kits or brands would be best?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk