okbeast

Feb 8, 2011
Truck is an '09 GMC Sierra 1500 with 60K miles.

This last weekend when I was driving real slow through a car lot I kinda rode the brakes real lightly coming up to a turn and it felt like the brakes were pulsing. I don't recall if it made any terrible noises but I don't think it did. Not even sure what to check - I'd like to check all I can at home so I don't pay some idiot to look at it for me. I'm thinking check brake fluid level, then take off all the wheels/tires to visibly check everything out. Maybe a false ABS signal? It's not consistent at this point. Any ideas?

Last edited:

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
If your abs was comming on it would kick the pedal pretty noticeably.

That's all the advice i have from an idiot you would have to pay

Dirtmafia

Hella
Jan 24, 2011
California
dirty ABS sensor, or minor warping

This.

If you drive lets say "spirited" like myself 60k might be the end of your rope as far as brake rotors and pads are concerned. Not a bad idea to peek at them every time you take the wheels off. If you tow anything that lifespan gets even shorter. Sadly, you can really only go as fast as you can stop, brakes take a beating. :crazy:

okbeast

Feb 8, 2011
Truck doesn't get driven hard. Pulls an 18' trailer with 5 4-wheelers twice a year but I'm pretty easy on the brakes when doing that.

okbeast

Feb 8, 2011
Was driving through wet parking lot this weekend, applied brakes fairly softly and they locked up (rears only I think?). The 1st time it did it the brakes stayed clamped down - I could feel resistance as the truck wouldn't roll at just idle. It did it once more about 5 minutes later.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
ok my brakes pulse is it bad too pull abs fuse just too see if the sensors are dirty and if that's not it will the light go out one i put the fuse back in ?

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
ok my brakes pulse is it bad too pull abs fuse just too see if the sensors are dirty and if that's not it will the light go out one i put the fuse back in ?

Pulling the fuse will stop the pulse, no the light won't go out once back in.
But pulling the fuse also won't tell you specifically if it's the wss' that are bad/out of tolerance. Your hubs could be bad as well. There is a tsb on fixing the wss tolerance issue.

Sent using Tapashit

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
i am just going to bring it to a brake shop place probably this weekend its getting worse i think ...